Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haye: Fury Should Fight Price, Proves He's The Best!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
    Its very simple. If he fights a Klitschko and loses he can either make up a bulls**t (toe) excuse or he can say he got beat by the best heavyweights of this era.

If he loses against Price or Fury what can he say then? It would destroy his ego and he wouldn't be able to live with that.

Both Price or Fury would be big money fights so he can't use money as an excuse either.
    If Haye really wants a Klitschko again he needs to fight instead of keep talking.

Comment

It's amazing how a loss in boxing can change your perception by some. Roberto Duran would have never gotten the opportunity to fight Hagler (very close fight) or beating Barkley because of his loses to Leonard and Hearns.

Say Haye fights these two guys and beats them. Then the same people would be saying, "those guys were green and Haye cheery picked them like he's done his entire career". It'll never end.

Both of those guys should fight and then if I were them, I'd clown and goad Haye like he did Klichko. As far as Haye waiting on Klichko, didn't Frank Warren say at the infamous press conference those two should fight adn they get the opportunity at Vitali??

Wasn't it agree in principle the next Klichko would be Vitali?

That said I do think him "retire'ing" was BS and more of stunt than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
        If Haye really wants a Klitschko again he needs to fight instead of keep talking.
        According to RTL they are pushing the fight as much as possible. Vitali - Haye is the fight they want. So it appears he doesn't need to fight anyone; he already fought and beat the latest real contender to the WBC crown a lot more convincingly than Vitali.
        Last edited by LacedUp; 01-09-2013, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
          You made some fair points but this ^^^^^^ isn't one of them in my opinion. Fury is shown on terrestrial tv and is just as well known as Chisora. Fury vs Haye makes money
          Most definitely. But the only reason Haye-Chisora filled Upton Park with 35k screaming fans is because of the added spice of what happened in munich. Without that, it would probably not even have done half. But i'm not sure. But for sure, Fury is not filling out stadiums. Even in his beloved Belfast, there was thousands of empty seats last time out and also when he fought Rogan.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
            No David, Fury would probably take the Vitali fight if it was somehow offered and Vitali could leave you in the dust if he did that. Price and Fury have nothing to do with each right now other than two future obstacles on Haye's imaginary chessboard.

All 3 of them should try to get a Vitali fight...not saying he's a wounded animal but it's worth whatever risk there is. You could make a career just by putting up a good fight against Vitali, Haye knows this...sounds like he is trying to distract Fury and Price
            David Price was originally signed under the Hayemaker umbrella when he turned pro. The two are really good friends and have been sparring forever almost. I don't think Haye has anything but goodwill towards the both of them (mostly Price), but he just feels they are at different levels and stages of their careers at the moment. Which they are.

Comment

Of course they should.

Both have the same goals, have tension between them and would like to prove they are the #2 HW in Britain....this fight would doo that.

Comment

Finally I agree with Haye. They really should fight and I think they will. They are probably waiting to grow financially too.

Comment

Honestly, I just want to see Haye in a boxing ring, this is getting old. Yes, Fury and Price should square off we have been saying this for a while, but Haye needs to lace em up too or go away.

Haye is a celebrity now, he stopped being a fighter long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
                    According to RTL they are pushing the fight as much as possible. Vitali - Haye is the fight they want. So it appears he doesn't need to fight anyone; he already fought and beat the latest real contender to the WBC crown a lot more convincingly than Vitali.
                    It's highly doubtful Vitali will fight Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
                      It's highly doubtful Vitali will fight Haye.
                      But the "he doesn't deserve it" excuse is not valid. If he retires then fine, but if he fights on it should be against Haye. His own TV guys are asking for it.

Comment

Working...
                      X