No announcement yet.

Rocky or Raging Bull?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky or Raging Bull?

which one is the best boxing film for you? what makes you say that the other is better than the other one?
    Rocky
    53.33%
    Raging Bull
    46.67%

Rocky lol

i didnt like the black/white version of raging bull it bothers the **** out of me

Comment

Raging Bull is a superior movie. Rocky is great and it's really entertaining, but Raging Bull is spectacular. Not as good as the book though. If you've never read it, do so.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
        Raging Bull is a superior movie. Rocky is great and it's really entertaining, but Raging Bull is spectacular. Not as good as the book though. If you've never read it, do so.
        the book was bad ass...i enjoy rocky. i have never watched raging bull to it's completion, i'm embarrassed to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
          the book was bad ass...i enjoy rocky. i have never watched raging bull to it's completion, i'm embarrassed to say.
          The book is the better story. You didn't miss anything, then. I mean, sure, Robert DeNiro is Robert DeNiro, but you still see what happened.

Comment

Ragin Bull is great, but I love the first Rocky movie. One of my childhood favorites. So, I'm gonna have to pick Rocky.

Comment

raging bull for serious film fan
              rocky for casual movie fan

Comment

'Raging Bull' is a cinematic masterpiece. A brutally visceral character study that is aided by stellar performances, beautiful cinematography, an introspective soundtrack, and precise yet abstruse editing.

On the other hand, 'Rocky' is no chump, either. It's a powerful and aesthetically significant work of fiction loosely based on real life underdogs aided by understate performances, simplistic techniques, and a stellar soundtrack.

I'd go with 'Raging Bull' because it appeals to me more on an artistic and technical level, but I think that too many film fans underestimate the cultural significance of 'Rocky', simply because in retrospect it's become something of a cliched story. It's still by far the quintessential underdog story, and Stallone's montages are still as powerful now as they ever were.

Comment

yes, the protagonist in "rocky" had his share of struggles and got that "L" in the end, but still, theres an undeniable aura of escapism to it... it just takes your hand and brings you to a place where you'd feel better... away from the drudgery of everyday life albeit momentarily....

raging bull keeps you ****in' grounded and instead of taking your hand towards escapism, slaps you hard with an array of human follies straight out of what freud calls "id" embedded in the human psyche...

theres no "superior" film between the two IMO... both work quite well depending on one's mood...

just my 2 cents...

Comment

Raging Bull and it's not even remotely close.

Comment

Working...
                    X