No announcement yet.

Restoration Project with an Amateur Boxer Video Training Vlog

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
    See, that's why I love Danny Williams to pieces. He was never a world beater (I dunno if you can understand that concept, Rockin'... just playing...) but he never gives up. Arm out of the socket? **** you, I'm Danny Williams.

Here he is against Mike Tyson. To give this some background, Danny had created a tear in the space-time continuum by pounding on a heavy bag in the gym one day. It caused prime Mike from 1988 to come through the void and challenge Danny. However, so as not to cause a paradox, Tyson looked like he did when he was shot and old - kind of like how Sam Beckett used to resemble the people he'd leap places with in Quantum Leap.

So this is, technically speaking, Tyson's first ever defeat:

Tyson in that stage of his career was a mere shell of what he used to be. But still in both clips I saw Williams using a good stiff jab and the flurry that he delivered on Tyson was quite impressive. You've got me interested now, Im going to look up some more of his fights on you tube, thanks for pointing this guy out, you daft cvnt!............Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      I was sarcasticly countering a statement of former fighters who became trainers. They said that they were one dimensional, etc.

Don't you get sick of watching british heavyweights getting sparked out? I'll still watch the clip and get back to you.........Rockin'
      Just like I was countering your ridiculous statement of 'good' trainers that haven't fought are 1 in 100. I had a long am career, so don't think I am just saying this out of some spite from a not having 'laced em up'. None of that makes any difference to me though. My trainer didn't fight and he was one of the best.

I have looked back at the history of trainers and studied their art when I was thinking about doing it my self.

Many of them were not former fighters themselves. It didn't bother me at all, so why does it bother you so much that one single guy who shows off some stuff doesn't have a pro record? Clearly his training record speaks for itself. Don't get so uptight about it all.

In my current profession ie. that which I actually make a real living from (the true definition of a 'pro'), I couldn't care less about someone who teaches but hasn't performed, as such. I don't feel superior to those that teach but don't perform. If they have good results, who gives a ****? Doesn't make any difference to me, and even if it did, all it means is that I'm the one producing better students and making a better living with the better reputation.
      Last edited by BennyST; 04-04-2012, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
        Just like I was countering your ridiculous statement of 'good' trainers that haven't fought are 1 in 100. I had a long am career, so don't think I am just saying this out of some spite from a not having 'laced em up'. None of that makes any difference to me though. My trainer didn't fight and he was one of the best.

I have looked back at the history of trainers and studied their art when I was thinking about doing it my self.

Many of them were not former fighters themselves. It didn't bother me at all, so why does it bother you so much that one single guy who shows off some stuff doesn't have a pro record? Clearly his training record speaks for itself. Don't get so uptight about it all.

In my current profession ie. that which I actually make a real living from (the true definition of a 'pro'), I couldn't care less about someone who teaches but hasn't performed, as such. I don't feel superior to those that teach but don't perform. If they have good results, who gives a ****? Doesn't make any difference to me, and even if it did, all it means is that I'm the one producing better students and making a better living with the better reputation.
        You do as you please, it makes no difference to me. The only reason that I jumped on Barry and his videos was because he tried to belittle me.

Every trainer that I have encountered that never boxed himself was pure **** and speculation. I never said that it couldn't be done but yeah 1 out of every hundred who train from no experience will be able to produce anything noteworthy.

I can't think of one trainer in the Detroit area right now who wasn't a fighter. There plenty of trainers that have no experience making plenty of money holding the pads and running enthusiasts through boxing work outs.

You've had experience in the ams, that's great. Now what happens when a trainer comes up to you who you know has no experience and he starts trying to tell you how you're supposed to be doing it? For the most part those guys are clowns..............Rockin'

Comment

Of the list of trainers that was posted earlier in the thread, so far the only trainer that I've found that never fought was Dundee. Eddie Futch and Emanuel Stewart both fought in their days. I'll look into the rest of them.......Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
            Nazeem Richardson, Gil Clancy, Emmanuel Steward, Eddie Futch, Ray Arcel, Angelo Dundee......just a few who didn't fight.
            Arcel, Dundee, Clancy and Richardson never fought. Steward and Futch did...........Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
              Tyson in that stage of his career was a mere shell of what he used to be. But still in both clips I saw Williams using a good stiff jab and the flurry that he delivered on Tyson was quite impressive. You've got me interested now, Im going to look up some more of his fights on you tube, thanks for pointing this guy out, you daft cvnt!............Rockin'
              ****'s not censored on here for some reason, Rockin', so you don't have to do the v thing for that.

As I said, that Tyson in his 1988 prime that Danny beat, forced forward in time through a tear in the space-time continuum. True story.

He had a fight with Kali Meehan once. I was always interested to see how Danny would have done against the top tier, but I never really got to find out. However, this isn't bad. Meehan apparently (I didn't see the fight personally) beat Lamon Brewster for the WBO belt but didn't get the nod. Here's what happened a few years earlier when he fought Danny:

Comment

Working...
              X