No announcement yet.

The Ring Magazine: Ten fighters that would pwn Money Maiiii

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
    I had a glance through the current issue of The Ring magazine today. (Though considering how often Pacquaio is on the cover they should change the name to The Ping... right, Ping Ping fans?)

Anyway, they had an NSB-ish article in there today called "Ten Fighters That Would PWN Money Maiiii, lamo, PWN!"

I can't recall all ten - what's my name, Mr. ****ing Memory Man? - but here's a few:

Sugar Rays (Leonard and Robinson)
    Aaron Pryor
    Thomas Hearns
    Oscar De La Hoya (prime: bear in mind he had a competitive fight with an OLD version of DLH)
    Sweet Pea
    Win? maybe. Own? Not bloody likely.

Comment

Can't disagree with the choices. I'm more so thinkin about the fighters they missed.

Comment

wonder if floyd goes to war with duran the way srl did...

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
          anorak was busy ogling at pac's pic on the cover.
          Well it was actually Floyd on the cover.

Comment

Floyd would beat Arguello pretty easily. His speed would overwhelm him. He wasn't really pushed to the limit against Oscar, although it was competitive. Nothing that tells me he would lose to a prime Oscar.

Pryor would have made Floyd fight hard, but I believe he's more tough in the ring than people say. He's levels above Pryor in handspeed and technique. He'd land more clean punches overall. He's also the bigger man, longer. He'd use that to his advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              Since Annie was too lazy to do the work, I'll give you Ring Magazines results:

Robinson wins a one-sided decision at 147.

Leonard wins a UD at 147

Hearns by KO in round 8-10 at 147.

Pryor by stoppage in round 13-15 at 140.

Armstrong by KO in 10 at 135.

Duran wins a clear UD at 135.

Whitaker by UD at 135.

De La Hoya by UD at 135.

Saddler by UD at 130.

Arguello by KO in round 13-15 at 130.
              these im not too sure about...the others are probable imo

Comment

ring agress with STRUGG....prime Oscar beats gayboy mayweather.........

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                  Floyd would beat Arguello pretty easily. His speed would overwhelm him. He wasn't really pushed to the limit against Oscar, although it was competitive. Nothing that tells me he would lose to a prime Oscar.
                  Pryor would have made Floyd fight hard, but I believe he's more tough in the ring than people say. He's levels above Pryor in handspeed and technique. He'd land more clean punches overall. He's also the bigger man, longer. He'd use that to his advantage.
                  What does Mayweather barely scraping by a past prime Oscar by disputed decision tell you then?

Oscar was a beast at LW.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    What does Mayweather barely scraping by a past prime Oscar by disputed decision tell you then?

Oscar was a beast at LW.
                    u exxagerate. and u act like floyd wasnt the heaviest he's been in his career and yet he won a fight against a more natural weighted dlh. ppl get on floyd for beating marquez at 145. dlh basically did the same thing, except, floyd won. and it wasnt even really close.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post

gay ass ***** right here

Floyd would beat all these ATG by UD :boobies:

I think all these legends KO1 Ugly Boy.

Comment

Working...
                      X