No announcement yet.

Yuri Foreman Manager: "Pacquiao and his Camp Chickened out"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuri Foreman Manager: "Pacquiao and his Camp Chickened out"

Foreman has had famous opponents dangled in front of him before, only to be disappointed. He was rumored to be the opponent for Manny Pacquiao on March 13 after discussions with Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. broke down over the issue of drug testing.

Wilson said he was in Arum's Las Vegas office on Jan. 7 to sign a contract for Foreman to fight Pacquiao when Arum excused himself to place several phone calls. According to Wilson, Arum phoned Pacquiao's trainer, Freddie Roach, who turned down the match with Foreman, citing Foreman's height of 5 feet, 11 inches.

Arum will preside over a press conference on Wednesday in Manhattan to hype Pacquiao's next fight, against Joshua Clottey of the Bronx on March 13. Arum is still deciding whether Foreman-Cotto will be televised on HBO or on Pay-Per-View. The bout is for Foreman's title.

"That was extremely frustrating," Wilson said. "They had accepted the fight and then to have it fall apart because of Yuri's height. C'mon, Yuri is a half inch taller than Oscar De La Hoya (whom Pacquiao has already beaten). They chickened out. I just hope that doesn't happen again. I don't think it will."
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/mo..._msg_bout.html

i have a better reason why manny didnt fight him, nobody fkn even knew u existed...

yuri will be known as the guy that *almost* fought manny...

Comment

LOL like Clottey is well known either give me a break..

Foreman probably taxed that ass in sparing so manny dont want none

Comment

Is this why Pacquiao chose somebody tougher in Clottey who a lot of people had beating Cotto?

Comment

dont worry snoots, im not a *******/*****.. manny should have fought someone more well kniown, but well known fighters will all ask 4 testing

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny Anaconda View Post
            Is this why Pacquiao chose somebody tougher in Clottey who a lot of people had beating Cotto?
            Clottey strugles to make 147, doesn't have a lot of power and is on the defensive most of the fights. Dude is tailor made for Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by Banlistic View Post
              Clottey strugles to make 147, doesn't have a lot of power and is on the defensive most of the fights. Dude is tailor made for Pacquiao.
              agreed,they didnt want to fight fight yuri because hes always on the move and they want pac to fight someone who stands infront of him and takes a beating,clottey will make manny look very good

Comment

I think the real reason is that Forman isn't your typical Pacman come forward flat footed opponent. Foreman can actually box, boxers are Manny's Kryptonite i.

Comment

Originally posted by Banlistic View Post
                  and then if Pac chooses Foreman u *****s will say Pac fights nobody and a cherrypicker...make up ur mind!!

Comment

Foreman can't beat Pac.

Comment

Working...
                    X