Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chris Eubank Jr. Dominates, Stops Renold Quinlan For IBO Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't see the fight because I don't waste my time with mismatches. WOW!!! He beat a guy who fights like 1-2 times a year if that sometimes. Turned pro in 2008 and has a WHOPPING now 13 fights!!! CONGRATULATIONS Eubank!!!! You just passed Lara/Foreman as the SHTYIEST fight made this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      He's gonna end up like Berto. Had the talent and skills to maybe go far but kept fighting mediocre competition and never developed as a fighter because of it
      EXACTLY!!! Fighting bad opponents = same as having long layoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
        Based on a bout against a 12 fight novice ?

I don't know how good Eubank is. He didn't really look that special tonight.

The only world class fighter Eubank has faced, he lost to. I'm not even that convinced Saunders is that good a fighter too..
        Saunders is TERRIBLE! The only reason why he's a Champion is because the MW division is one of the WORST in boxing right now. IT's dog sht piled on top of more SHT! Take GGG out and Jacobs and this division STINKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
          Saunders is TERRIBLE! The only reason why he's a Champion is because the MW division is one of the WORST in boxing right now. IT's dog sht piled on top of more SHT! Take GGG out and Jacobs and this division STINKS!
          You don't like Golovkin, I get it

Comment

GGG would beat Eubank with his jab alone.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
              You don't like Golovkin, I get it
              ??? I gave him a compliment?? I basically said he's the only one keeping the division alive.Again take him and Jacobs out of the division and what you got left is C rated fighters or less...

Comment

I would love to see how it goes with all the showboating and arrogance against champions and top fighters like Golovkin...

Did anyone else notice how disrespectful they were towards Ward during the post fight interview? Damn, Ward was about to jump on him judging by the look in his eyes.
                Last edited by Main Source; 02-05-2017, 05:43 PM.

Comment

This was a pretty decent fight for the price in my opinion. Jr showed a lot of improvement from when he fought Saunders, more stamina, composure and excellent use of jab. Also, loved his father's intro and then letting his son do the walk to the ring on his own.

Comment

Eubank looked pretty damn good, but no stopping power. He has the kind of power that will give a fighter brain damage over 12 rounds because he can't get him out.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                      Eubank looked pretty damn good, but no stopping power. He has the kind of power that will give a fighter brain damage over 12 rounds because he can't get him out.
                      Considering the low level of his opponent, I didn't think Eubank looked good at all. He was wild, off balance and missed the target by a mile with some of his shots. And the habit he's got of fighting with his mouth wide open could get him badly hurt against an opponent who hits back with accurate counters instead of covering up when Jnr starts throwing combos.

Maybe he was trying too hard to win with a spectacular stoppage, to please the type of casual fans who would have bought PPV tickets. But I think he needs to get himself an experienced trainer and LISTEN to what that trainer tells him, if he wants to achieve the potential he obviously has. Fitness and natural athleticism alone will not be enough against the kind of guys he's calling out.

Comment

Working...
                      X