• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jerked off in a Ralph's once.

Comment

Originally posted by MeiXiang View Post
      Here's a big secret of mine and it's a long story:

I really like this amazing girl but she had a visa problem and had to go back to China (I am located in London) and couldn't stay here. Anyway, I knew her about a year ago around February and didn't really think much of it and neither did we actually see a lot of each other but occasionally contacted via text. Around October she asked if she could interview me for one of her dissertation papers which I obliged and that was probably what did it for us - we started to hang out with each other at least 3 times a week (we're the same age - 28 - but she was doing a post graduate degree so I didn't see her everyday). Before I knew it I fell for her in December and we spent a really great two day holiday in Bath. She had to work for New Years Eve but I was already celebrating in Bath with friends. Despite this she actually travelled to Bath the day after to see me as a surprise on a day's notice.

So, I always knew her visa would run out as soon as she finished her studies which was granted for a year (she arrived in January sometime). I swear by December, I was so depressed because she could no longer stay and she couldn't find an employer to sponsor her (she was a part time waitress). She was desperately trying and I can't tell you how much I was praying a miracle would happen. No company ever responded to her applications until the very last two weeks of her leaving and I think there were around 5 or 6. None of these leads were ever serious and my mood always fluctuated between being optimistic to pessimistic.

I planned a farewell dinner for her a couple of days before she left for the airport and decided to say goodbye there and then. Of course, it wasn't goodbye just yet. I ended up taking a cab to the Airport in a rushed state on the day. Her cab driver was so late that she almost missed her flight. My goodbye was literally 5 minutes because the aeroplane was just waiting for her to board. I can remember her tears coming down her face.

Anyway - if you've read this far you'd be wondering what the secret is. I never told her I loved her even if I was sure it was obvious and she never told me either though I maintain she felt the same. She later actually admitted in a text message "I like you so much" which really broke my heart.

I never told her because I knew it was too complicated to work out. I resigned from my career mid-May last year to find a new career path and as much as I would love to visit her I need to sort out my life first. I have always promised her I would come to see her but I made her promise that she would try to find a sponsor in the UK as well as careers back home in China because the job market is so difficult here in London. As it turns she found a full time job recently in China which sort of means the end though she's still trying to find her way back to London if she can.

You have no idea how depressed I've been since February. I still maintain contact with her but I miss her a lot.

True story.
      So you didnt hit?
      Well as long as you guys keep in touch its all good. Just get some time off and visit when u can. Patience my friend

Comment

It's not so simple as that. Moving to a completely different country (I'm from HK, Bro and now live in London but China is completely different) and finding a job is difficult for a foreigner. Not only that, her parents have already protested that she's still single and trying to line her up with potential partners.

Look - I don't expect anyone to understand there's a lot more to it. I've been prepping for an interview actually next Tuesday so I'll draw next week. I hope I can get the job and I swear I'm flying to China the very next day I find out.
        I never said move to another country I said go and visit her. See if you both still have that spark between use.

Sounds to me like your looking to fold your hand at the first signs of adversity.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
          I never said move to another country I said go and visit her. See if you both still have that spark between use.

Sounds to me like your looking to fold your hand at the first signs of adversity.
          I'm pretty sure there still is because we still communicate by video. If I go now, it's going to worse when I come back because I don't have a full time paying job any more - had I know I was going to feel like this I never would have resigned voluntarily .

Comment

I'm pretty sure there still is because we still communicate by video. If I go now, it's going to worse when I come back because I don't have a full time paying job any more - had I know I was going to feel like this I never would have resigned voluntarily .
            So what are you going to do about it?:

A: Nothing (except run various negative scenarios through your mind).

B: Something.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
              So what are you going to do about it?:

A: Nothing (except run various negative scenarios through your mind).

B: Something.
              I am doing something...i'm getting myself out this mess by finding a full time so I can get back to her in China. That's the first step and easiest step of them all and that isn't even easy.

Comment

You should have proposed to her while she was still there and kept her in the country.

Comment

I'm just going to leave this here

Comment

I don't know i've ****ed around once or twice (or more) on every one of my gfs.. But im a nice guy now

That's prob the worst though honestly..

Comment

Here's a big secret of mine and it's a long story:

I really like this amazing girl but she had a visa problem and had to go back to China (I am located in London) and couldn't stay here. Anyway, I knew her about a year ago around February and didn't really think much of it and neither did we actually see a lot of each other but occasionally contacted via text. Around October she asked if she could interview me for one of her dissertation papers which I obliged and that was probably what did it for us - we started to hang out with each other at least 3 times a week (we're the same age - 28 - but she was doing a post graduate degree so I didn't see her everyday). Before I knew it I fell for her in December and we spent a really great two day holiday in Bath. She had to work for New Years Eve but I was already celebrating in Bath with friends. Despite this she actually travelled to Bath the day after to see me as a surprise on a day's notice.

So, I always knew her visa would run out as soon as she finished her studies which was granted for a year (she arrived in January sometime). I swear by December, I was so depressed because she could no longer stay and she couldn't find an employer to sponsor her (she was a part time waitress). She was desperately trying and I can't tell you how much I was praying a miracle would happen. No company ever responded to her applications until the very last two weeks of her leaving and I think there were around 5 or 6. None of these leads were ever serious and my mood always fluctuated between being optimistic to pessimistic.

I planned a farewell dinner for her a couple of days before she left for the airport and decided to say goodbye there and then. Of course, it wasn't goodbye just yet. I ended up taking a cab to the Airport in a rushed state on the day. Her cab driver was so late that she almost missed her flight. My goodbye was literally 5 minutes because the aeroplane was just waiting for her to board. I can remember her tears coming down her face.

Anyway - if you've read this far you'd be wondering what the secret is. I never told her I loved her even if I was sure it was obvious and she never told me either though I maintain she felt the same. She later actually admitted in a text message "I like you so much" which really broke my heart.

I never told her because I knew it was too complicated to work out. I resigned from my career mid-May last year to find a new career path and as much as I would love to visit her I need to sort out my life first. I have always promised her I would come to see her but I made her promise that she would try to find a sponsor in the UK as well as careers back home in China because the job market is so difficult here in London. As it turns she found a full time job recently in China which sort of means the end though she's still trying to find her way back to London if she can.

You have no idea how depressed I've been since February. I still maintain contact with her but I miss her a lot. I don't expect anyone to really understand the whole situation because it was actually a lot deeper than this and the above is probably the most simplified version I can give without going through all the details.

True story.
                      Go ever there and surprise her. She probably as depressed as you were.

Comment

Working...
                      X