Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been watching hitman hearns, did he have a weak left?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
    The final three punches were all rights.
    Yep, the left barely grazed him as he fell.

Comment

Hagler had a real effective left hand- laser straight from the southpaw side, and hard enough, no matter which stance he was in.
      And when I saw Tommy Hearns live, he knocked out Kemper Morton in the 2nd with....a left hook to the head. Talk about a let-down.

Comment

Very good jab,tremendous turnover and torque on his right hand,great shoulder leverage, and a weak left hook.Still an ATG action warrior.Love Tommy Hearns.I can't count how many times I've watched Hagler v Hearns Legendary Nights and their fight. I still think Round 1 is the greatest first round in boxing history in a big fight.

Comment

Hearns had a great left jab and an awesome left hook to the body. His left hook to the head was not a KO punch and not something you saw him finish guys with much...but, it had some zip on it.
          I disagree that his hook to the head was not a KO punch. Certainly not the cannon that was his right, but I think if you take away his right-handed power he'd still KO most of the guys he KO'd in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
            I disagree that his hook to the head was not a KO punch. Certainly not the cannon that was his right, but I think if you take away his right-handed power he'd still KO most of the guys he KO'd in his career.
            It was a quick and whipping punch, but not the turned over and locked up hook you see guys usually KOing others with.

I don't think he's knocking guys like Duran and Cuevas out with it. Punishing them perhaps, but not taking them out.

Comment

It was a quick and whipping punch, but not the turned over and locked up hook you see guys usually KOing others with.

I don't think he's knocking guys like Duran and Cuevas out with it. Punishing them perhaps, but not taking them out.
              Agreed, Hearns would not have knocked out 1984 Duran without his right hand being what it was that night.

Comment

Working...
              X