Drunk Lang

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
    Check that thought.

I'm gonna wait for the Chinese girl, the hook up with whom, I documented.

She's in China right now, but she'll be back in a week or so.

I think that we have no future, since she only wants to run with Chinese guys. She told me that. We eloped and all. But she says she doesn't want to involve herself with anyone, except Chinese. So, I must accept that. But, I'll still wait and see. And maybe if I'm still dry, I'll ask the Kazakh girl for some coffee.
    Chinese people would marry chinese or are forced by their culture to marry chinese unless they have no other choice.

Comment

• Grabbed a bottle of Laphroaig 10 year, should keep me stocked for quite awhile. The finest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miburo View Post
        Grabbed a bottle of Laphroaig 10 year, should keep me stocked for quite awhile. The finest.

what in the world is laphroiag ?

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
          what in the world is laphroiag ?
          You're not very familiar with scotch I take it?

Comment

You're not very familiar with scotch I take it?

i am not very familiar with a lot of things
            scotch is among them, ye.

Comment

i am not very familiar with a lot of things
              scotch is among them, ye.

Comment

that looks like a drink fit for a gentleman.

i am about to pop the cork on some red myself. that's all i've been drinking lately. weak, i know.
                Last edited by New England; 10-26-2012, 05:36 PM.

Comment

that looks like a drink fit for a gentleman.

i am about to pop the cork on some red myself. that's all i've been drinking lately. weak, i know.
                  It's quite good, very peaty and smoky. Luckily for one of my favorites, it's also on the cheaper end for quality scotch (about $45 a bottle). Given that it's a sipping drink, they last a long time so it's more or less worth it. Normally I'm poverty mode, but I wanted to keep one bottle of the good stuff on tap.

Comment

It's quite good, very peaty and smoky. Luckily for one of my favorites, it's also on the cheaper end for quality scotch (about $45 a bottle). Given that it's a sipping drink, they last a long time so it's more or less worth it. Normally I'm poverty mode, but I wanted to keep one bottle of the good stuff on tap.
                    Would you say scotch is best enjoyed room temperature?

I do like whiskey on the rocks, but it seems もったいない when you get toward the bottom of a cup and you're drinking a watered down product. Just straight out of the bottle with no ice always seems like the best way to enjoy the full flavor of a whiskey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                      Would you say scotch is best enjoyed room temperature?

I do like whiskey on the rocks, but it seems もったいない when you get toward the bottom of a cup and you're drinking a watered down product. Just straight out of the bottle with no ice always seems like the best way to enjoy the full flavor of a whiskey.
                      You're never supposed to drink scotch on the rocks, it waters it down and dilutes the flavor (other whiskeys are fine on the rocks imo, though I'm not really a fan of many). For most single malts you should put one or two drops of water in them at room temperature to open up the flavor a bit. I've wondered about experimenting with a chilled bottle as I do generally prefer cold drinks.

I primarily like Isle of Islay scotches, which are considered somewhat of an acquired taste even for regular scotch drinkers (heavily ash/peat flavored, they taste totally different from other varieties). Dunno if I'd recommend it to most people, but I'm not really a fan of most single malts as they taste too much like whiskey for my liking. In fact I hated most of the more standard scotches I had first.
                      Last edited by Miburo; 10-26-2012, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X