Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toughest fighter of all-time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lamatta chuvalo even though he is falling apart now i think holy deserves mention.

Comment

• mickey ward jake lamotta

Comment

• wow that nose musta hurt!!!

OUCH!!! i nearly gagged when i saw that Rocky nose pic. He musta been hella ugly after that (as if he wasnt already messed up)

Oh yea... props to the bareknucklers who would go 100 rounds even if that meant 1 round = knock down. Many of those fighters died back then. To survive those kinda fights you need a lot of mental and physical toughness. You try getting pummeled bareknuckled that many times and come back for more. And they weren't always little bar fights either... Heavyweights as well.

Comment

• Let's see. Julio Cesar Chavez took a sickening number of head punches in his career, and never flinched, even with a bloody, swollen face. The middleweight Jack Dempsey of the late 1800s was incredibly tough, winning fights with some hideous disease. Harry Greb, Arturo Gatti of course, Mickey Ward, Jimmy Wilde. Calzaghe is tougher than you haters think, much tougher.

Comment

• I think fighters from past eras were generally more tough than todays fighters, simply because they had to be. They fought a whole bunch of times a year and for not much pay. Not to say some fighters today aren't tough.

My vote goes to Antonio Margarito. That guy is a beast. He is an awesome fighter, who can take a punch like no one's business. He reminds me of the old school fighters. He came up the hard way, he had a couple of losses early on, the the man's an anvil.

Comment

• Marciano all the way

Comment

• ali and frazier were tough guys man, they beat the living hell out of each other in the thrilla in manila

morales, barrera, pacquiao are all tough dudes too, JMM deserves a mention for picking himself up off the canvas with a busted nose x3 vs pacquiao

la motta of course, gatti, ray robinson was very tough also

so many tough fighters, in fact just about every guy to step through the ropes is/was tough, especially the elite guys....

you have to be tough to make a career in boxing, its not for the soft or cowardly

Comment

• Battling Nelson. He had the doctors words for being inhuman and couldn't feel pain.

Comment

• The one and only, Julio Cesar Chavez. He redefines the maning of the term alpha male! Duran is second and Barrera is third.

Comment

• Battling Nelson. He had the doctors words for being inhuman and couldn't feel pain.
                      yeah apparently this guys skull was three times thicker than the average person, so he couldnt be knocked out lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X