Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: Arum Is Doing Crawford Dirty; Promotes Lomachenko More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn good rebuttal by Spence. He totally hit them with logic and facts instead of emotionally lashing out.

Comment

• Originally posted by LCRUMMY36 View Post
      Because Wilder/AJ would expect to bring in Mayweather/PAC type money...

That's money is only there if they fight each other so it should be a split..

Neither one is earning that type of money without one another
      They won’t come anywhere near Floyd/PAC numbers. And Manny and Floyd had already done their own million-plus PPVs prior, and the split was 60/40. Wilder is nowhere near AJ in terms of earning potential. AJ can continue fighting for $20M per fight against whoever, while Wilder will go back to his $2M paydays unless he can get a rematch wiht Fury.

Getting back to Crawford, he has been earning 3x what Spence earns, and this is a 50/50 fight. In terms of drawing power, skill and potential earnings. Spence is blowing smoke in order to avoid Crawford.

Comment

• If Spence is such a big star then why isn't Spence-Porter going to be on PPV?

Comment

• I am just sick of fighters/boxingheads/fans arguing over how fights cannot be made. Start arguing on why they should be made.

Promotional boundaries should not be our problem. They need to work their own stuff out. Loma does not get promoted more than Crawford. They both get their hype.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
            People will attempt to discredit Spence's words here but he's absolutely right about Top Rank's failures.

The PPV sales, viewership and attendance numbers show this clearly.

PBC has 76% of boxing viewing audience to date in 2019.

That doesn't include their share of the PPV market (closer to 90%)

And their attendance numbers are more consistent.

These are facts. Despite what writers say.
            Yes ALL the racist will try but Errol is spot on...

Comment

What was racial about his comments? Everything he said was true lol They didn't promote the fight until about 6 days before it took place.
              Because here lies the true racist so he gotta call someone else one to feel validated.

Comment

• That is not true at all. Crawford is constantly talked about on ESPN and don't the ESPN commentators rank Terence as P4P #1? Also, has anyone noticed that Terence is always on ESPN shows and they are constantly showing him and discussing him. They don't do that for Lomachenko. Do people just want them to talk about Crawford 24/7?
                People just don't like when a foreign fighter gets a bit of love.

Comment

• Seems like ro me this **** all about the promoters networks and not the actual fighters.

Comment

Only because of Mikey? Right...

Despite the fact that:
                    1. Spence/Ocampo sold more tickets than any fight of Mikey's career before Spence. Not to mention Mikey/Lipinets didn't cross 10k attendance in TX.
                    2. Mikey had never been in a PPV fight before that and likely never will again.

You people post the dumbest stuff...

I've posted here countless times breaking the data down. Spence and guys like Wilder and Broner will cross 300k in PPV buys in any solid fight that's put on. Why? Because they have the hardcore urban demos in the US that can support that number. Crawford can't do that because the community is indifferent to him (very similar to Ward). His affiliation with Top Rank is toxic.
                    Excellent post.....facts over rhetoric and propaganda

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                      I'd say they are about even. I mean what Arum said about Haymon and Spence's response here. Make the fights and keep race out of it.
                      Spence didn’t mention race....I don’t follow your logic. How’s that even?

Comment

Working...
                      X