No announcement yet.

So GDP growth for 2018 was 2.9%

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] So GDP growth for 2018 was 2.9%

So even with the economy "booming" as Trump says, he hasn't passed growth rates during Obama's time?

JimRaynor, it is the slow wage growth, man. i been telling you. Slow wage growth and inflation.

The economy is doing so well but the slow wage growth has dampen bigger growth rates.

Comment

Shhhh.......trumptards wont like these facts! Fake news!

Comment

Originally posted by GAME OVER View Post
        Shhhh.......trumptards wont like these facts! Fake news!
        i am truly shocked because i expected the economy to pass 3% for the year.

So with a year like 2018 and the economy didn't pass 3%, i don't think it will be passing 3% during the rest of Trump's term.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
          JimRaynor, it is the slow wage growth, man. i been telling you. Slow wage growth and inflation.

The economy is doing so well but the slow wage growth has dampen bigger growth rates.
          Wage growth is the best it's been in over 10 years. Some of the problem laid with the uncertainty of trade with China which really hampered Q4 growth as well as the Fed hiking rates numerous times, which they didn't do once in 8 years prior.. Once a new deal is reached with China I'd expect growth to resume to 3%+. I think things are only beginning to heat up as the country becomes used to Trump, and many of the policies begin to take effect.
          Last edited by JimRaynor; 03-01-2019, 11:29 PM.

Comment

If you got some work ethic and a little bit of game, you are going to eat out here.

Now, how much can that be attribed to Trump, can't really quantify. It's anecdotal on my end.

But blue collar, hard working sharp "people of color" are starting to see through the veneer.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
              If you got some work ethic and a little bit of game, you are going to eat out here.

Now, how much can that be attribed to Trump, can't really quantify. It's anecdotal on my end.

But blue collar, hard working sharp "people of color" are starting to see through the veneer.
              exactly, this is what I dont understand. Are people just waiting around for laws and **** to change so they can make a few extra dollars?

what hapepned to gettting out there and getting it, HARD WORK PAYS OFF!

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                Wage growth is the best it's been in over 10 years. Some of the problem laid with the uncertainty of trade with China which really hampered Q4 growth as well as the Fed hiking rates numerous times, which they didn't do once in 8 years prior.. Once a new deal is reached with China I'd expect growth to resume to 3%+. I think things are only beginning to heat up as the country becomes used to Trump, and many of the policies begin to take effect.
                Funny thing is, I never once over the 8 Obama years saw the TS start a thread criticizing low GDP growth when GDP growth was under 2% annually. Yet now he's started a thread to be critical of 2.9% annual growth???

Go! Team! Go!

Comment

Another incorrect forecast by 1bad

Comment

GDP is an outdated metric anyway. Even the guy who invented it thinks it's a terrible metric to measure progress.

Comment

Working...
                    X