No announcement yet.

Why no interest to land a Pac fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no interest to land a Pac fight?

Why no desperation to land a Pacquiao fight for those 130-147? I don't get it. Too have Floyd or Manny on your resume is like having Ali or Duran on it. From the perspective of being a professional boxer, how could you not want to have that fight enshrined in your legacy? Sure we can talk about promoters and such "getting in the way" but the truth of the matter, these are grown men who can will a Pac fight into reality if they truly vied for it publicly and privately. Beyond that you have all these "free agents" under Haymons advisement who, from what were supposed to believe, can do whatever they want. Putting Khan aside, considering he's already made his bones fighting big names throughout the Pac era, I'm referring to Danny Garcia, Mikey Garcia, Ryan Garcia, Loma, Spence, Crawford, Thurman, (I guess Broner's ship has sailed), and other top level guys I'm probably leaving out. Sure I'll concede the notion that perhaps Pacs camp don't want to face Crawford but where is the passion and hunger from the others?
    Perhaps this is a retorical question I'm asking because imo they think they will get Vargas'd or Mathysse'd. That is beside the point though. A loss against Pacquiao doesn't make or break any of these guys career. Was Iran's career in the *****ter after Duran? Was Malignaggi's after Hatton? And how about Pacquiao's after Morales I? No, no and no.
    These guys trying to be the next best thing around 140 are kidding themselves if they think fighting Manny Pacquiao wouldn't progress their career. Well maybe it wouldn't if they got blown out which maybe might be the thinking behind pretending he's irrelevant.
    At the end of the day they're just following their promoters lead
    11.54%
    Even at 40 he's too dangerous and skilled
    44.23%
    A win over an old Pac worth less than a win over other active elite talent
    32.69%
    incompetency w/ building to super stardom & simply not cut from the cloth of Pac/Floyd
    11.54%

Pac is still the biggest money fight from 135-147. I think the answer is they're not sure if they can beat an old past prime pac.

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
      Pac is still the biggest money fight from 135-147. I think the answer is they're not sure if they can beat an old past prime pac.

biggest money fight for who?

lucas made 2 million fighting pacquiao.

mikey made 3 million vs easter and bud made 3 million fighting horn.

aint nobody about to chase pacquiao around the world for chump change.

Comment

I heard Amir Khan is trying to line up a fight with Manny Pacquiao in the UK? Did anything come of that?

Comment

Imo he to dangerous for them. He still beats some,of these youngsters

Comment

Low pay to fight him in some obscure country. When that changes, they’ll line up.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post

lucas couldn't made that against bud or mikey.
              if mikey fight pac he will have a guarantee 5mil or more same with the other.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post

Lucas got over 5 mill total for that fight bruh.

Comment

There's little value in a Pac win anymore. Even that weird Aussie dude who's name I already forgot has a Pac win.

I love Manny but no one really cares anymore. Guys who hunt a 39 year old Pac look desperate.

Comment

Anyone who’ll fight him will definitely improve their popularity by some good degree. And fans will still gobble it up.

Give pacman someone to tango and it’s still a bigger fight than most if not all.
                    Hell, these dudes are now in their thirties and still they don’t a major ppv event in their careers.

But I think the fighter who’ll get the credit most in fighting and winning against pac would be Loma.
                    Since he’ll somehow be the underdog in this one, the smaller guy story etc. This is his version of Pac-delahoya. A textbook passing of the torch fight if he believes he can win.
                    So yes I’m surprise he’s not taking that one.

Crawford, spence, thurman would all be clear favorites over pac at this point, and Danny and porter should be slightly as well.

Khan, well he wants that fight to feed his delusions of grandeur. He might even say pac is still in his prime during the build up. Lol
                    By beating pac he can then claim “oh i beat pac way better than floyd did” lmao “what do u think would i have done against floyd since his win over pac wasn’t as spectacular as mine” something like that BS.
                    And if he loses he’d be like “pac would’ve won against floyd as well if he fought that way” lol
                    It’s a money fight though, and I want it, and i believe pac still has enough to spark him.

Comment

Working...
                    X