No announcement yet.

Where did all the Rigo "fans" go?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did all the Rigo "fans" go?

Gonna pat myself on the back here and point out that as I predicted he would lose his newly acquired "fan base" just as I predicted with Walters. Same happened with Russell who was the next "big thing".

It's a shame so many "fans" are really just posers and dump a fighter quicker than they decide to be a "fan" of him.

Last week it was impossible to read a thread on this board that was proclaiming Rigo to be some kind of boxing savant and a fighter incapable of losing such was his skill and dominance.

These aren't bad fighters and just because they lost (and two of them quit) against a fighter some casuals view as a bum you shouldn't just kick them to the curb (as I predicted). Shame on y'all.

I’m still a rigo fan, it’s just disappointing that he couldn’t rise to the occasion. He didn’t take any risks, he wasn’t taking punishment like he has in the past, he just didn’t want to be clowned on.

Sort of takes the shine off future fights too, bc even if he is dominating someone it’s just bc he can have it his way.

Comment

I think Rigo’s performance have made a lot of people turn their backs on him. I’ve always enjoyed watching Rigo but I’m a big Loma fan and knew Loma would beat him comfortably. I’ve lost a lot of respect for Rigo myself not because of the result but because of his performance; he showed no ambition nor desire in the entire fight. He completely bottled it and quit! After talking loads of **** in the build up about how he’d do “whatever it takes to win”.

Comment

I like Rigo but there was a rise in "fans" because he was fighting the great white hope.

And now they are nowhere to be found. Welcome to BoxingScene.

Comment

they went back to rooting for floyd.

they tested the water but rigo let them down so its back to TBE.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
            they went back to rooting for floyd.

they tested the water but rigo let them down so its back to TBE.
            and Ward

Comment

You're ******ed. All you guys say rigo has no fans, now you wonder where they all went. Are we supposed to making 10 threads on the same topic?

Why are you still bragging about a 130 beating a 122

Comment

Who were all these Rigo fans? call them out

Comment

well the guy quit...that's gotta turn a lot of people off.

Comment

Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
                    You're ******ed. All you guys say rigo has no fans, now you wonder where they all went. Are we supposed to making 10 threads on the same topic?

Why are you still bragging about a 130 beating a 122
                    He had some real fans but acquired a lot of new ones. Those new one's probably only see him fight Donaire. As pointed out above it probably had something to do with the opponent. Like I said same happened to Walters.

I'm just curious why they suddenly become fans then all of a sudden turn their back on the guy.

Not really bragging. He lost to a bigger and much more talented opponent. It was easy to call but these newly acquired fans made it seem like Loma was up against it. In fact most of them and the fighter himself said "no excuses. The size doesn't matter".

Comment

Working...
                    X