Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What GGG gains if Cotto Vacates his WBC Title? Other Champs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChampBox@PR View Post
    You cant vacate being the lineal champ, thats imposible, I already have explain this a million times!
    So if Cotto doesn't fight at MW again, there can never be another lineal MW champ? seems odd if that's true, but I've never really followed the whole lineage thing anyway.

Comment

Ward doesn't make financial sense doe!
      I was going to post a rebuttal but there's really no point with you, is there?

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
        So if Cotto doesn't fight at MW again, there can never be another lineal MW champ? seems odd if that's true, but I've never really followed the whole lineage thing anyway.
        Cotto would have to retire or not fight in the division for a long long time, this is the reason we don't have many lineal champs! It sucks really!

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
          I was going to post a rebuttal but there's really no point with you, is there?
          What you gonna say, Cotto is the lineal and GGG isn't? Because that's the only deference, the rest is about the same.

Comment

You cant vacate being the lineal champ, thats imposible, I already have explain this a million times!
            Are you saying Donaire is still the lineal 118 champion then?

What happens to a lineal title when a champion vacates? I've read there's no agreed resolution.
            #1 and #2 contenders must fight. Golovkin and Quillin basically.

Comment

Cotto would have to retire or not fight in the division for a long long time, this is the reason we don't have many lineal champs! It sucks really!
              Ah right.

Anyway, I'm a fan of both fighters. I don't really mind if Cotto doesn't fight Golovkin but imo he should fight an actual MW inside the next 12 months, i.e. defend the belt. If he's not going to defend it inside a year, then vacate.
              Last edited by Weebler I; 08-02-2014, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Here's Ring magazine's policy. Rule #2 . All that means he has to announce that he's fighting in another division. Then he loses the title. There's no big mystery.
                There are seven situations in which the Champion can lose his belt: (1) The Champion loses a fight in the weight class in which he is champion. (2) The Champion moves to another weight class. (3) The Champion does not schedule a fight in any weight class for 18 months. (4) The Champion does not schedule a fight at his championship weight for 18 months (even if he fights at another weight). (5) The Champion does not schedule a fight with a Top-5 contender from any weight class for two years. (6) The Champion retires. (7) The Champion tests positive for a

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  Are you saying Donaire is still the lineal 118 champion then?

#1 and #2 contenders must fight. Golovkin and Quillin basically.
                  This! I think it revolves around not fighting in the division for 2 years or longer, that's what I have picked up!

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                    Here's Ring magazine's policy. Rule #2 . All that means he has to announce that he's fighting in another division. Then he loses the title. There's no big mystery.
                    The ring magazine don't determine who is the lineal champ! the ring mag determines the ring champ which often is the lineal champ!

Comment

Ah right.

Anyway, I'm a fan of both fighters. I don't really mind if Cotto doesn't fight Golovkin but imo he should fight an actual MW inside the next 12 months, i.e. defend the belt. If he's not going to defend it inside a year, then vacate.
                      Ohh believe I agree with you, but that's Cotto's leverage he ain't giving it away. It sucks though!

Comment

Working...
                      X