No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The Boxing World Should Take Tyson Fury Seriously

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
    Three scenarios, all depending on Fury's unstable mind.

1) He pulls out before the fight.
    2) He crumbles psychologically during the fight, resulting in a bad defeat or even a McCall-like breakdown.
    3) He succeeds in outboxing Wilder in the first rounds, gains mental strength as Wilder gets gradually bamboozled, and pulls the upset.
    There's also 4.

4) 3) He succeeds in outboxing Wilder in the first rounds, gains mental strength as Wilder gets gradually bamboozled, then gets caught with a straight right. That's my prediction at least, and I'm a fan of both, so it's not biased.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      There's also 4.

4) 3) He succeeds in outboxing Wilder in the first rounds, gains mental strength as Wilder gets gradually bamboozled, then gets caught with a straight right. That's my prediction at least, and I'm a fan of both, so it's not biased.
      Of course it's a valid hypothesis. We just don't know how effective Wilder would still be in the "bamboozled" condition.

Many fighters, especially hard hitters, tend to lose effectiveness when they see things not going their way.

But in truth I myself think that one punch by Wilder is all it takes to end the Fury fight. If it really happens, that is...

Comment

Of course it's a valid hypothesis. We just don't know how effective Wilder would still be in the "bamboozled" condition.

Many fighters, especially hard hitters, tend to lose effectiveness when they see things not going their way.

But in truth I myself think that one punch by Wilder is all it takes to end the Fury fight. If it really happens, that is...
        That's why I lean on Wilder. Wlad got confused, bamboozled, then basically just gave up. Wilder is used to being down in the cards and knowing he's just one punch away, so IMO he won't have the same attitude as Klit.

Also, Wilder has a great jab that he rarely utilizes, and barely got used at all in his last fight due to the southpaw factor, but he won the WBC championship on using that jab for 12 rounds

Comment

Honestly, if Fury starts as slowly as he did in his last fight (walk back, arm on rope, not like a fight just started) Wilder will land his one-two in the opening of the first round. He can cover a ring in an instant and that cannon is a snipe shot down the pipe. If Fury however is on form though both are in for a long night and it will be interesting.

Comment

Also, Wilder has a great jab that he rarely utilizes, and barely got used at all in his last fight due to the southpaw factor, but he won the WBC championship on using that jab for 12 rounds
            Absolutely true. He dominated Stiverne with the jab exclusively. He could decide of jabbing Fury silly first, then lower the bomb (fifth scenario?)

Comment

Absolutely true. He dominated Stiverne with the jab exclusively. He could decide of jabbing Fury silly first, then lower the bomb (fifth scenario?)
              anything is a possibility, but people are sleeping on Wilders jab. I think it's going to be a great fight with styles clashing though. I'm looking forward to it.

Wilder has never faced someone as big or quick as Fury
              Fury has never faced someone as big or quick or strong as Wilder

Fury is so awkward and hard to hit, Wilder is patient and hit's and drops everyone.

i don't see why so many are hating.

Comment

Personally because I feel cheated of Wilder being in a fight I'd actually pay to see if Fury was even at 90%. If you can't stop Pianeta you can beat anyone in the top 10.

i don't see why so many are hating.

Comment

Originally posted by fladz View Post
                  "I learned long ago that the more talented of two combatants usually wins. And Fury might be the more talented than Wilder, who remains a work in progress. Fury might be too skillful and clever for Wilder, which could more than compensate for whatever advantages Wilder might have."

Anybody writing about professional sport should be able to distinguish between skill and talent. Wilder somehow still being a "work in progress" (after 40 odd fights) explains his lack of skill but has nothing to do with his lack of talent. He's a bloody awful fighter who's only got away with it for this long due to the atrocious level of competition he's faced, and his power. He's an embarrassment.
                  Division is weak. You could say the same about aj. He's only been winning because he's fighting the old and smallest guys, he is horribly stiff and robotic with limited boxing talent.

Comment

There's also 4.

That is what I am predicting as well. We have to see if he is coming with A,B,C or D game. (due to inactivity and what not)

Comes with A: 60% possibility that he is able to upset Wilder.

Comes with B: Then what I quoted from Rexy comes into play. (IMO)

Comes with anything below that easy night for Wilder and goodnight Tyson Fury.

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
                    Personally because I feel cheated of Wilder being in a fight I'd actually pay to see if Fury was even at 90%. If you can't stop Pianeta you can beat anyone in the top 10.
                    Yes. That is how I feel as well brother.
                    Last edited by BoxingB4Pride; 09-30-2018, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fladz View Post
                      "I learned long ago that the more talented of two combatants usually wins. And Fury might be the more talented than Wilder, who remains a work in progress. Fury might be too skillful and clever for Wilder, which could more than compensate for whatever advantages Wilder might have."

Anybody writing about professional sport should be able to distinguish between skill and talent. Wilder somehow still being a "work in progress" (after 40 odd fights) explains his lack of skill but has nothing to do with his lack of talent. He's a bloody awful fighter who's only got away with it for this long due to the atrocious level of competition he's faced, and his power. He's an embarrassment.
                      He's an embarrassment that would probably KO Joshua and will KO Fury. Wilder's defense is excellent footwork and a world class jab. His weakness is fighting on the inside. He can be beat but no, he is not an embarrassment. The embarrassment to boxing is the one who is ducking him.

Comment

Working...
                      X