No announcement yet.

If you thought GGG "ran" against Canelo, YDKSAB

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    Golovkin was the one disengaging from exchanges and backing up. He was the one conceding ground the entire fight.
    It's called footwork.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
      OP didn't have anything to say when Canelo was incorrectly accused of running, but cries when the same standard is applied to GGG? GTFO.
      stfu scrub

Comment

Golovkin backed up for no reason. The punches didn't hurt a all? What a smart man you are.
        for no reason? he needed room to work...if canelo wasn't backing up, then how was he gonna get that room? show me a fight where ggg bodies guys on the inside...he always works from long to mid range. it's why backing pressure fighters up is a good tactic...it takes them out of their comfort zone. if ggg was a strong inside fighter, it wouldn't have worked so well for canelo, and we probably would have seen more movement from him.

Comment

Originally posted by Panopticon View Post
          It's called footwork.
          Golovkin begged for a brawl and then was forced to use "footwork"

Comment

Golovkin begged for a brawl and then was forced to use "footwork"
            Sanchez begged for a brawl.

Comment

He didn't run.
              When Canelo fought like he did,
              fans expected a back and forth exchange.
              There was none of that.

Comment

Originally posted by 5burowz View Post
                I see what you mean by this and I agree to a point. It's not like he can't land punches on the inside but he's not a natural inside puncher and he isn't terribly effective on the inside. And he's not a good combination puncher.

Hell, he wasn't even throwing a 1-2 at all in the fight, and he should've because that would've helped him. He may not be capable of it though...I don't really know.
                I should have probably said he looks terribly uncomfortable fighting inside. I've never seen him go in the trenches and stay there like an Andre Ward who liked that style.

GGG doesn't get any credit on here anyway. He could land 800 jabs and none would count according to most these casuals anyway. Ggg landed beautiful uppercuts, a bunch of big right hands and had canelo reeling in one of the later rounds..

But he got beat up doe..

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
                  for no reason? he needed room to work...if canelo wasn't backing up, then how was he gonna get that room? show me a fight where ggg bodies guys on the inside...he always works from long to mid range. it's why backing pressure fighters up is a good tactic...it takes them out of their comfort zone. if ggg was a strong inside fighter, it wouldn't have worked so well for canelo, and we probably would have seen more movement from him.
                  Exactly. GGG has very long arms and can't work as well on the inside as he does in the mid range. Props to Canelo for using a very good strategy against him though.

Comment

Originally posted by Panopticon View Post
                    Exactly. GGG has very long arms and can't work as well on the inside as he does in the mid range. Props to Canelo for using a very good strategy against him though.
                    yea, I take nothing away from canelo...it was him who caused ggg to back off and box. but I thought ggg adjusted to that well and used his length. he was boxing in there, he just doesn't look pretty doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by 5burowz View Post
                      stfu scrub
                      Someone's mad...

Comment

Working...
                      X