Comments Thread For: Jacobs vs. Derevyanchenko - Done Deal, To Fight in October

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lil g ducks them, DJ fights them.

Comment

• Jacobs hasn't looked good in his last 2 fights and dervy has insider knowledge because the years sparring each other and the same gym and trainer. I'm rooting for jacobs because him vs GGG, Canelo, Charlo are more entertaining fights. But won't be shocked if dervy upsets jacobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hmabshir View Post
        Want them to hold hands and sing Hakuna matata till the end of their days?

This is boxing man, no real friends.
        If no real friends, then why not fight Andrade? He's not trained by Andre Rozier!

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
          It sucks, but how many opportunities do you get to fight for a World Title? I would be hard pressed to see anyone turn that down.
          Murata would be a world title fight too, but the difference is they don't share the same trainer!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
            Question...as a fight fan do you want to see Golovkin vs Charlo? I mean, never understood the "he fights bums" talk. What's its purpose? Don't you want to see two guys who can bang get in the ring together and fight? Or are you one of those who would rather see a boring Golovkin Sanders fight?
            Charlo should fight GGG, if he can't get GGG then he should start to fight against good opponents. For example: Jacobs, Saunders, Andrade, Derevyanchenko. We have seen that he can beat boxers in Centeno level. It will be very boring if he chooses another bum again. It is clear that GGG will avoid Charlo at this stage of career. You can say that GGG ducks Charlo. But you can't say that Charlo knocks GGG out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mirus View Post
              Charlo should fight GGG, if he can't get GGG then he should start to fight against good opponents. For example: Jacobs, Saunders, Andrade, Derevyanchenko. We have seen that he can beat boxers in Centeno level. It will be very boring if he chooses another bum again. It is clear that GGG will avoid Charlo at this stage of career. You can say that GGG ducks Charlo. But you can't say that Charlo knocks GGG out.
              ... lets' suppose that GGG actually gets the Canelo rematch payday... do you see a 36 yo GGG fighting younger contenders only for "glory" and not for actually big money reward???

Comment

• Originally posted by Mirus View Post
                Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                ... lets' suppose that GGG actually gets the Canelo rematch payday... do you see a 36 yo GGG fighting younger contenders only for "glory" and not for actually big money reward???
                Conventional wisdom says that GGG would drop the WBC belt rather than fight Charlo for 3-5 million (they could likely get 30-40k in a Texas football stadium). However, it is the type of fight that I'd want to see as their styles would make for an exciting fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  Jacobs hasn't looked good in his last 2 fights and dervy has insider knowledge because the years sparring each other and the same gym and trainer. I'm rooting for jacobs because him vs GGG, Canelo, Charlo are more entertaining fights. But won't be shocked if dervy upsets jacobs.
                  I also wouldn't be shocked if Jacobs handles Dervy with ease. It's always interesting to see sparring partners fight because of the familiarity they have with each other.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu
                    Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                    Conventional wisdom says that GGG would drop the WBC belt rather than fight Charlo for 3-5 million (they could likely get 30-40k in a Texas football stadium). However, it is the type of fight that I'd want to see as their styles would make for an exciting fight.
                    ... dear... I understand... But I can't see anymore a "hungry GGG" after he gets the Canelo money... that how it always goes... (but, in case Canelo drops the fight again, of course I can see GGG pursuing this kind of fights -- starting with BJS)...

Comment

• WAR JACOBS

Comment

Working...
                      X