Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All the best hookers use more than a 90 degree bend in their arm, true or false?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All the best hookers use more than a 90 degree bend in their arm, true or false?

So this whole notion that a hook has to be 90 degees or less is BS!?

Most of the time if landing the hook after a straight right they are too far outside your range to and with a 90 degree hook, its only if you missed and they got inside with good head movement will it work, and more often than not the opponent will move away out of range.

Secondly it gets plenty of knockouts past 90 degrees, because the face is kinda shaped to a point so you can clip it and get that violent turn over and you didnt need to connect dead on at 90 degrees.

Think of earnie shavers LONG overhand hooks, tommy morrisons hook that caused a KO and it was so long people thought it was a jab ko, look at gerry cooney, roy jones jr, fraizier, bowe, ruddock, haye, hopkins etc

Is this 90 degree hook some myth people like to keep alive or something?
    Last edited by AlexKid; 02-01-2014, 07:36 PM.

Do you think the 90 degree thing could just be a training method for correct form?

Comment

Originally posted by Locche View Post
      Do you think the 90 degree thing could just be a training method for correct form?
      No they insist that without the 90 degree bend it has no power!

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
        No they insist that without the 90 degree bend it has no power!
        That is not true,just less power because of an increased chance of leakage. The 90* idea is so that the forearm is in direct line and support of the force so the there is no buckling of the forearm and wrist alignment at impact (buckling = power leakage) the further the forearm is away from the 90* the greater likelyhood of buckling at impact as the relative arm bone and wrist positions can only be maintained through muscular effort not structure. This does not mean a long arm hook has no power it just means that it won't have the same kind of structural support a 90* hook will have.

Comment

personally when a hooker is giving me a handjob does more damage and produces more seamen at a 90* angle

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
            That is not true,just less power because of an increased chance of leakage. The 90* idea is so that the forearm is in direct line and support of the force so the there is no buckling of the forearm and wrist alignment at impact (buckling = power leakage) the further the forearm is away from the 90* the greater likelyhood of buckling at impact as the relative arm bone and wrist positions can only be maintained through muscular effort not structure. This does not mean a long arm hook has no power it just means that it won't have the same kind of structural support a 90* hook will have.
            Wow perfect answer thanks Prince!

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Hans Landa View Post
              personally when a hooker is giving me a handjob does more damage and produces more seamen at a 90* angle
              personally I prefer the russian hookers they tend to use a reverse vertical fist, and they can get more range on your shot, they also use a faster motion.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
                This. No one is saying you can't get power on a wider hook but the more you open your hook the more it turns into a swing, the less power you're going to generate.

Comment

I used to have a 90 degree bend. Then it began to give me wrist problems.

Then I when to a legitimate gym and began to use the old elbows point down, narrow window effect. It feels much more powerful, and it's much more economical as far as movement goes. Never move more than you need to.

I typically see the hardest hookers have a much more narrow window for the punch, ie Trinidad, DLH, Robinson, Joe Louis, Duran..

Comment

Working...
                  X