No announcement yet.

Danny Garcia vs Joshua Clottey at 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
    what ever happen to clottey??? did he retired?
    I didn't see the fight but I'm pretty sure he somehow lost to Rosado...

Comment

Would be a close fight. Clottey has more power at this weight than Danny but is reluctant to let his hands go and shell up. While Danny himself prefers to counter punch but won't find too many openings as Clottey tends to cover up when not throwing. Garcia would have a higher activity rate but Clottey would land the more telling blows.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        Clottey didn't let his hands go enough, but perhaps with Garcia that's not bad as Danny relies a lot on counters and isn't that fast on his feet. Clottey was strong so may be a tough out for Garcia. Garcia often fights to his opponents level and Clottey also seemed like one of those guys to always fall just a little short.

I'd pick Clottey but suspect it's a fairly close fight.
        Pretty much my exact thoughts.

Comment

Probably Clottey would be too big and strong plus Clottey had a sharp attack, a very tight defense and an iron jaw. I thought Clottey deserved the win over Cotto but Cotto was the star and the guy who was likely to get the favorable scoring in a close fight. Mikey is great at 135 but he isn't a welterweight.

Comment

I think Garcia wins only because Clottey was never busy enough, I don't know if he could hurt Garcia, if he could have then Clottey wins, but if Garcia's chin can hold up to Clottey, he beats him by UD, 116-112, with Clottey pissed saying he was robbed.

Comment

Sounds like a fight Garcia would actually pursue

Comment

Clottey would fuk him up.

Comment

garcia beats him. just because clottey looked good against cotto doesnt mean he was anything special, trout and sadam ali boxed rings around cotto too lets not forget.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    Probably Clottey would be too big and strong plus Clottey had a sharp attack, a very tight defense and an iron jaw. I thought Clottey deserved the win over Cotto but Cotto was the star and the guy who was likely to get the favorable scoring in a close fight. Mikey is great at 135 but he isn't a welterweight.
                    Sorry. I fuced up and matched Clottey into the wrong Garcia. I think Clottey beats Danny Garcia on points. It would be a fairly close fight but I think Clottey would win a clear ud. Clottey was hard to hit clean and a sharp counter puncher. Clottey at his best was very good.

Comment

Danny by UD

Comment

Working...
                      X