Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mexican TV had Cotto the "monster" winning.. (Video)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The nationalistic bias of some of these posters is disgusting!

Comment

I didnt even like the fight. So i can give a flying fuk. Now Miura vs Vargas...thats a fuking fight.

Comment

I honestly have no idea how anybody can have Cotto winning this fight.

I'm not a fan of either so i didn't actually care who won at all. The only reason i wanted Canelo to win in the end is because he'd hold the MW belt and to see what would happen with the GGG situation

Still, i watched this fight totally objectively and Canelo was the winner. Some early rounds were close but by the end of the fight, there was one clear winner.

I don't know, i tried to look at it all ways and see if anything could be scored for Cotto that wasn't, but i can't. Canelo just won too many rounds. And to be fair to Cotto i think he was just much too small in that ring, so there's no shame in the loss.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
          Can we get some context, backstory, or history from someone in Mexico or from Mexico? This is the third time I've seen the Mexican press saying Cotto won. Is Canelo not as loved in Mexico as we're thought to believe? I'm confused as to why a Mexican TV station would pick a Puerto Rican over a Mexican by such a large margin? The fight was semi-close but Canelo won. Were they this harsh to Chavez Jr' in the first Vera fight?
          i explained it somewhere else. TV azteca loves Chavez Jr, they made him. But Televise made Canelo. That's number 1 factor. Tv Azteca, in fact, got Mexicos's soccer national coach fired, who is seen as Televisa's guy. Tv Azteca has been the anti televisa to the degree that it's not objective, just contrarian.

2nd is that mexican press is not nationalist at all. They're more like the British: undermine every Mexican accompslihment is their game. If you win something, you either did not deserve it or now are conceited.
          Last edited by JaguaresMx; 11-23-2015, 11:17 PM.

Comment

I must say it's very easy for a lot of folks to be swayed by the commentary when watching a fight and tricked into seeing certain things.

Take the first Pacquiao v Bradley fight, go and watch it back closely. They commentators were saying shots by Pacquiao were landing that clearly missed or were blocked, and doing it in a very dramatic way while ignoring all of Bradley's work.

I did have Pacquiao winning i think, but that fight was very close, closer than people realise. I wouldn't say it was a total robbery. That fight is a completely different fight without commentary from HBO basically lying about punches that didn't land.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob View Post
              I had Cotto winning 7-5 but I did not feel rounds 3 or 12 were close, Canelo won both of those.
              Yea I need to watch it again. Those guys on the mex version were doing a little to much for cotto. I'll watch it on mute.

I had cotto losing fight night 5-7. But I was very intoxicated and I think I was dumbfounded as to how well Canelo was fighting. I expected cotto to embarrass him. To canelos credit he has come a very long way. Props to him. So I think I was overly focused on Canelo fight night.

Today I didn't focus on anyone but focused on activity that actually landed. First half of fight cotto was just out boxing Canelo. Canelo then came on strong mid fight and at end. I think overall cotto performed better. I was extremely surprised at cottos conditioning. He fought his azz off all 12 rounds. Cotto was only an 8 round fighter before. He came ready.

Canelo it seemed he held back as to come on strong in the end and to not gas out. H knew if he gasses out cotto would wreek havoc. So that was smart for him. I however think he waited to late to pick up steam and cotto just had too many rounds banked.

Cotto should have paid the sanctioning fee. I think he would have one. Fbi need to check out the Nevada commission.

Comment

Originally posted by KO MX View Post
                get over it, Cotto lost
                Due to non payment of sanctioning fees. Not at the hands of Canelo.

Comment

OMG Get Over It.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                    I didnt even like the fight. So i can give a flying fuk. Now Miura vs Vargas...thats a fuking fight.
                    Uchiyama vs Vargas would be solid.

Comment

I seriously have to question anyone who says anything like "i watched it again without the hbo commentary and had a completely different score." Don't you know wtf you're watching? Can't you think for yourself? I watched it in a bar and couldn't hear **** and again the next day with the hbo commentary and had pretty much the same score. I think people want canelo to be something he isn't. He boxed well and controlled the fight. I can understand cotto fans wanting to give him every close round, but name one round that cotto won in convincing fashion. I didn't care who won one way or the other, i just wanted the winner to face ggg, but canelo won comfortably.

Comment

Working...
                      X