Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have the recent bad outings for Berto devalued Ortiz's stock even more??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have the recent bad outings for Berto devalued Ortiz's stock even more??

Have the recent bad outings for Berto devalued Ortiz's stock even more??

Some say Berto has been "exposed" as a hype job.....what does that say about Vic O's "signature" win???

are you a triangle theory type of fella???
    wachugot??

Good Question....

but no i dont think so,, the fight happened awhile back when berto was still undefeated,, i think the ortiz fight ruined him,,,

where ortiz loses value is losing to lopez,,,
    I actually think the long layoff has helped ortiz,,, fans miss him, so his return will be hyped, and if he wins his comeback vs anybody, then there will be a demand for him in big fights...

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      Good Question....

but no i dont think so,, the fight happened awhile back when berto was still undefeated,, i think the ortiz fight ruined him,,,

I actually think the long layoff has helped ortiz,,, fans miss him, so his return will be hyped, and if he wins his comeback vs anybody, then there will be a demand for him in big fights...
      good post.......the greeniest of the greeniest for you my good sir......

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        Good Question....

^^^
        what he said...minus the fans missing ortreez

Comment

Ortiz's stock fell in my eyes because he has quit in fights that he was doing well in. It's hard to believe in a fighter who doesn't have the mental toughness to press on when the going gets tough (I don't really criticize him for the broken jaw though). In the Berto fight, he actually got off the canvas and finished a tough battle. He deserves credit for that win. Berto lost a lot in the Ortiz and Guerrero fights. Berto was always flawed but he's not the same guy he was in 2011. I still think Ortiz goes on to have a solid career and can be champion again.

Comment

Ortiz should get credit for being the 1st person to beat Ortiz. Berto's performances after in no way reduce what ortiz did. it very may well have caused berto's decline.

Comment

No. Resume is about who you beat and more importantly, when you beat him. And Ortiz beat a game, undefeated Berto at the top of his game.

Comment

Ortiz has good skills, power, he could be really good if he decides he want's to do it. He should dedicate himself to fighting instead of doing a dance show and expandabels III but it seems he want's thoose things more then he want's to be champion of the world...

Comment

Collazo and berto beating anyone good devalues it moreso

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                    ^^^
                    what he said...minus the fans missing ortreez

Comment

Working...
                    X