Comments Thread For: Alexander: My Skills Are Way Better Than Kell Brook

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Juof View Post
    i like brook but alexander is levels above him
    I agree, Alexander has mastered the science of clinching - running - grunting.

Comment

Alexander is an OK fighter, not much more. Brook is an up and coming fighter and a very good one at that. People are really only reading the negative into the Jones fight. I watched the fight and it was a really good test, he had to overcome a badly busted nose from round 6 and passed the gutcheck with Flying colours. I think he'll learn from it and continue to improve. Brook wins this.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
        Alexander is an OK fighter, not much more. Brook is an up and coming fighter and a very good one at that. People are really only reading the negative into the Jones fight. I watched the fight and it was a really good test, he had to overcome a badly busted nose from round 6 and passed the gutcheck with Flying colours. I think he'll learn from it and continue to improve. Brook wins this.
        I guess seeing a guy struggle against a journeyman is reading too much into a fight lol. Dude Devon has faced and learned from guys levels above Carson Jones (whether you thought he won or not) so the same logic applies here.

Tell me what Brook has shown to prove that he can beat Devon. He's slower, he doesn't have the movement or foot speed Devon does, he has fought way lesser opponents, his power is less proven then Devon's (see the Jurango fight), and he has way less experience then Devon (both in and outside the ring). So tell me what does he do better? The Gutcheck? I think Devon has been in way tougher fights than Brook whether you thought he won or not so don't give me that BS.

It's unbelievable on here. Most fighters that go life and death with a Carson Jones level guy get tore a new one on here, unless of course they are an over hyped prospect like Kell Brook. God NSB is nuts sometimes.

And don't give me the he quit against Bradley BS, he has come back from that fight and proven himself on the top level again and again. Besides its not like Brook has fought anyone near the level of Bradley to compare.

Comment

rofl............clinching.......... running........grunting.......my sentiments exactly

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
            Witter and Brook couldn't more different style wise.
            What?

This is Brook's first big test and I'm not so positive he'll come through it with the win. Brook's got this aura of specialness which he's not deserving of, I don't see what all the fuss is about, he's shown a lot of flaws and vulnerabilities at this level already.

If he boxes behind the jab and keeps a tight defence he'll give Alexander a good fight but I think he's not ready for this sort of challenge at this time.

Comment

All you people who hate on Kell Brooks.
              You guys realized he's slick and semi black right?

Comment

I'm interested to see how this fight plays out..I have to go with Alexander in this one, he's the more tested fighter of the two..

Comment

Originally posted by turkas View Post
                  I guess seeing a guy struggle against a journeyman is reading too much into a fight lol. Dude Devon has faced and learned from guys levels above Carson Jones (whether you thought he won or not) so the same logic applies here.

Tell me what Brook has shown to prove that he can beat Devon. He's slower, he doesn't have the movement or foot speed Devon does, he has fought way lesser opponents, his power is less proven then Devon's (see the Jurango fight), and he has way less experience then Devon (both in and outside the ring). So tell me what does he do better? The Gutcheck? I think Devon has been in way tougher fights than Brook whether you thought he won or not so don't give me that BS.

It's unbelievable on here. Most fighters that go life and death with a Carson Jones level guy get tore a new one on here, unless of course they are an over hyped prospect like Kell Brook. God NSB is nuts sometimes.

And don't give me the he quit against Bradley BS, he has come back from that fight and proven himself on the top level again and again. Besides its not like Brook has fought anyone near the level of Bradley to compare.
                  I agree with this...

Comment

Brook will surprise people I think. Alexander does nothing special AT ALL. This is a step up for Kell but it's a manageable one.
                    Devon Alexander is not an elite level fighter. Kell Brook is still learning and, with the exception of the Jones fight, has dealt with everything he has faced comfortably. The Jones fight was probably his most impressive because he got his preparations wrong and still manged to come through it.
                    If Alexander bosses Brook for 12 rounds I'll be the first to come on here and say I was wrong and he is better than I thought, but I just don't see it.
                    If Brook has the stamina I think he could force a late stoppage as he has decent power.

Comment

Originally posted by DonCarlos83 View Post
                      Brook will surprise people I think. Alexander does nothing special AT ALL. This is a step up for Kell but it's a manageable one.
                      Devon Alexander is not an elite level fighter. Kell Brook is still learning and, with the exception of the Jones fight, has dealt with everything he has faced comfortably. The Jones fight was probably his most impressive because he got his preparations wrong and still manged to come through it.
                      If Alexander bosses Brook for 12 rounds I'll be the first to come on here and say I was wrong and he is better than I thought, but I just don't see it.
                      If Brook has the stamina I think he could force a late stoppage as he has decent power.
                      At first look at both of these fighters,Alexander is faster and more talented then Brook...Which means Brook is going to have to out smart Alexander..Not saying it's impossible,but I do believe it's unlikely..Seeing how Brook has never struck me as the smartest of fighters in the ring..He is usually the more talented fighter in the ring,but against Devon this won't be the case..I think what makes this a close fight is that Devon has poor footwork and does not sit down on his punches which should give Brook a good shot at landing some good shots on Alexander...But Brook best not get careless in there,if I was giving an edge in power it would go to Alexander tbh...

Comment

Working...
                      X