Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has there ever been more excuses from fans after the rigo lomo fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    Stop lying. Walters admitted that he turned the fight down for June 2016 at 126. He claimed that himself so I'll believe him. That also had a lot to do with the less than a year (another lie) that he was shelved for. He should have just took it in June but he admitted he said no.
    This guy has a truth allergy

Walters didn't admit to any such thing.

Loma rejected Walters because he didn't make weight for Sosa.

Comment

Originally posted by Regulus View Post
      Did you give Floyd credit for fighting a JMM that jumped 2 weight-classes?
      3 weight classes, fluid was very unprofessional and didn't make weight

Comment

This guy has a truth allergy

Walters didn't admit to any such thing.

Loma rejected Walters because he didn't make weight for Sosa.
        He admitted it in the buildup to the fight. Sure the year BEFORE the fight didn't happen due to Walters not making weight.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2016/5/3/11576622/nicholas-walters-explains-turning-down-career-high-offer-to-face

[b]It just wasn't enough money, according to Nicholas Walters. Despite being offered a career-high purse of $550,000 to take on two-time Olympic gold medalist Vasyl Lomachenko, Walters ultimately balked at the offer citing that he would have nothing left after taxes and expenses. Here's what Walters had to say to ****** on a move that many industry observers openly questioned.

"Lomachenko is one of the better opponents that we're gonna fight," Walters told ******.com on Tuesday. "We asked for a certain amount; they said no. They said only $550,000 was available for the fight and I think fighting Lomachenko for $550,000 with the tax we're gonna pay to the government and everybody, we actually go home with nothing. We took the decision; we're not gonna fight for $550,000."[\b]

Fact based. Now I know your next excuse is that Walters was paid off to say that and/or they used mind control but I'm not buying that. You lied. Straight up.

Comment

Originally posted by Shape up View Post
          3 weight classes, fluid was very unprofessional and didn't make weight
          Floyd weighed under 147 dummy.

Comment

He admitted it in the buildup to the fight. Sure the year BEFORE the fight didn't happen due to Walters not making weight.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2016/5/3...-offer-to-face

[b]It just wasn't enough money, according to Nicholas Walters. Despite being offered a career-high purse of $550,000 to take on two-time Olympic gold medalist Vasyl Lomachenko, Walters ultimately balked at the offer citing that he would have nothing left after taxes and expenses. Here's what Walters had to say to ****** on a move that many industry observers openly questioned.

"Lomachenko is one of the better opponents that we're gonna fight," Walters told ******.com on Tuesday. "We asked for a certain amount; they said no. They said only $550,000 was available for the fight and I think fighting Lomachenko for $550,000 with the tax we're gonna pay to the government and everybody, we actually go home with nothing. We took the decision; we're not gonna fight for $550,000."[\b]

Fact based. Now I know your next excuse is that Walters was paid off to say that and/or they used mind control but I'm not buying that. You lied. Straight up.
            What's wrong with wanting more money?

Loma rejected Walters for a different reason...because he failed to make weight for Sosa.

Loma's reason is just pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Einstein View Post
              Guess you forgot the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight...or the Ward-Kovalev fights
              Or floyd vs (insert fighter here) according to this board

Comment

What's wrong with wanting more money?

Loma rejected Walters for a different reason...because he failed to make weight for Sosa.

Loma's reason is just pathetic.
                Loma was wanting to fight at 126 because he wanted to fight the best there and Rigo but realized when Rigo ducked the fight it was going to be hard so moved up. Walters couldn't make 126 no more.

Your just too biased. It's fine.

Walters wanted more money sure but he accepted the same offer and that was twice his highest payday.

Comment

Loma didn't agree to anything at 126.
                  He's not doing anything special at 130 and will do the same if he moves to 135.

Rigo was up against it.
                  Loma had ALL the advantages.
                  Haha Please, stop right there. With this statement, you’re telling me you’re either ignorant or in denial. It’s been shown over and over around here that Lomachenko was willing to fight at 126, but not at a catchweight of 124.

Lomachenko had all the advantages. So what? Last I checked, it was Rigo chasing the damn fight. I don’t know where Vasyl will eventually wind up. He may not have proven all that much yet, but his future looks very promising. Rigo and his team have proven themselves to be lying, incompetent and stupid. It pains me to say that, but I don’t have my head buried in the sand.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    Haha Please, stop right there. With this statement, you’re telling me you’re either ignorant or in denial. It’s been shown over and over around here that Lomachenko was willing to fight at 126, but not at a catchweight of 124.

Lomachenko had all the advantages. So what? Last I checked, it was Rigo chasing the damn fight. I don’t know where Vasyl will eventually wind up. He may not have proven all that much yet, but his future looks very promising. Rigo and his team have proven themselves to be lying, incompetent and stupid. It pains me to say that, but I don’t have my head buried in the sand.
                    What's wrong with a catch weight of 124

Too risky??

Loma took ZERO risk fighting Rigo at 130

ZERO

Rigo just jumped TWO weight classes but 124 is too much for Loma

Comment

Loma was wanting to fight at 126 because he wanted to fight the best there and Rigo but realized when Rigo ducked the fight it was going to be hard so moved up. Walters couldn't make 126 no more.

Your just too biased. It's fine.

Walters wanted more money sure but he accepted the same offer and that was twice his highest payday.
                      A smaller guy from a lower weight class was the one ducking

Ok dude...whatever.

Talk about bias

Comment

Working...
                      X