Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kelly Pavlik vs Mikkel Kessler....Who Wins??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly Pavlik vs Mikkel Kessler....Who Wins??

I got Kessler by UD in a great fight
    Pavlik by KO or TKO
    35.71%
    Pavlik by Decision
    9.52%
    Kessler by KO or TKO
    16.67%
    Kessler by Decision
    38.10%

For the first time ever, i think i'm going to have to agree with you Sergei on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Sergei23 View Post
      I agree my brother.

Comment

Kessler by clear UD. Might get tagged a couple of times, but if he's in shape and sharp on talent he should take a UD. AND he called Pavlik out, fix it up Kelly, Abraham and him called you out you ducker.

Hang on...

Comment

Kessler UD or stoppage depending on the ref. If Taylor can put Pavlik down Kessler can but I don't think he can keep him there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sergei23 View Post
            id go for Pavlik TBH

Kessler backs up in straight lines and u can guarantee Pavlik would be backing him up its okay counter punching a guy like Andrade a guy who fights with his face but Pavlik has a ram rod jab and a mean right hand to go with it and he can dish it out for 12 rounds Kessler does not have enough angles or smarts to avoid or offset Pavliks relentless aggression and workrate where as Calzaghe does

in short he is to one dimmensional to avoid Pavliks high contact fight and not tough enough to stay with Pavlik ,Pavlik would get hit hard but i think he would dish out more than he took

Comment

I'd say Pavlik, I just like his power and reach over Kessler.

Comment

Kessler.

Bigger guy, better schooled, faster, better chin, hits hard enough to put Pavlik to sleep if he gets careless and good foot work.

Comment

Originally posted by _Ricky_ View Post
                  Kessler.

Bigger guy, better schooled, faster, better chin, hits hard enough to put Pavlik to sleep if he gets careless and good foot work.
                  his footwork is mediocre Ricky why do u think Calzaghe was able to chase him back to the ropes and land that body punche or keep the punches coming when he came foward with an attack because Kessler does not step off to the side when he is being attacked he goes straight back in a line

Pavlik would negate his power by sticking him on the backfoot the way he did Miranda and i have seen no evidence what so ever he has a better chin than Pavlik

Pavlik was dropped by Taylor cause Taylor hit him bang on the chin it would have Koed most fighters and it was made worse by Pavlik clowing

Comment

I think while it lasts all the rounds would be very close, both guys have a high work rate, neither guy is really hard to hit but not completely open either. Think kessler may be a little vulnerable to the body, that could be the focal point for pavlik.

I see two scenarios:

Kessler using good footwork and superior speed to outbox pavlik to a fairly close ud
                    Or
                    Pavlik getting outboxed early, but eventually walking kessler down, and wearing him down margarito style for a late stoppage.

Love to watch it either way

Comment

Working...
                    X