Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Groves: As Soon as I Hit Eubank - I'll Hurt Him and Finish Him!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guy3008 View Post
    Remember round 3 of Jermain Taylor vs Froch? He knocked down Froch and could have finished him but there was only about 30 seconds left in the round and Froch was a tough sob
    He was definitely more hurt v Groves though, if that first round had gone on any longer, Froch was done.

Anyway, the point was basically even if Eubank has a good chin, you can't be making too many mistakes because Groves is pretty heavy handed.

Also, for all the talk about Groves being vulnerable. Who's beaten him? Froch did, no shame there. First fight was controversial and Groves was giving Froch a lot of problems. Also the Jack fight was competitive apart from the early knockdown.

It takes a very good fighter to get a clear victory over Groves i think. In that sense, he's a bit underrated.

Comment

Eubanks got defeated by a $ hit boxer like BJS. No way he gonna beat Groves. and who else of quality has Eubanks beaten

Comment

Groves by decision. Better technically. Bigger puncher. Bigger man.

Comment

I thought Groves looked suspect against Cox, but he did look very good against Murray.

Murray is a tough, technical fighter who makes you work every minute of every round - Groves looked very sharp against him.

I have to keep referring to Eubanks resume, aside from BJS (who beat him) it is just padded with domestic fighters and Eurobums.

Comment

Originally posted by jackblack008 View Post
            Eubanks got defeated by a $ hit boxer like BJS. No way he gonna beat Groves. and who else of quality has Eubanks beaten
            I will have 100,000,000 kudos points with you on it if you like? Eubank will win probably by stoppage late.
            The saint will use a lot of energy early and if young Chris has the chin of his father.....he will easily weather any storm George puts on him.
            Eubank by stoppage.
            Ya want the bet?

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              Rewatched Groves last few fights the other night, even vs Cox he looked terrible just looking to land the counter right. Short fight but I didn't realise Cox was in that on first watch until he lost his head.
              He's looked looked horrendous since Froch\he left Adam Booth even in victory every fights a life and death struggle. Even though he hasn't lost since and won a strap he's looked even worse since he fought Jack I think that fight took a lot out of him.

I'm flip-flopping on this one.
              But on the flipside of the coin Eubank is kind of crap.

But I am leaning on Eubank solely because Groves is past it.

I agree he hasn't looked good since Froch Cobra'd him.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                Rewatched Groves last few fights the other night, even vs Cox he looked terrible just looking to land the counter right. Short fight but I didn't realise Cox was in that on first watch until he lost his head.
                He's looked looked horrendous since Froch\he left Adam Booth even in victory every fights a life and death struggle. Even though he hasn't lost since and won a strap he's looked even worse since he fought Jack I think that fight took a lot out of him.

I'm flip-flopping on this one.
                Cox was unheralded, but abit better than people think, has a very high energy style. He reminds me of Eubank really, a fit but unproven prospect. Eubank has a disjointed off balance look, and is extremely open. For some reason people think he has a gear chin because of he's dad but he's only fought one puncher, who was too old and slow to hurt him. He's not a puncher either, he just throws wild workrate. Groves should be able to box he's ears off.

Comment

If Groves has a weakness in chin, he's in against a guy with almost no power at world level. Eubank has no defence, terrible wooden feet and can't cope with boxing skills. This fight will look alot like the Murray fight imo, with Eubank trying bravely, but too wild and inaccurate.

Comment

Working...
                  X