No announcement yet.

crawfords resume..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
    wtf are u talking about? I am a pac man fan go back and read my posts ive always given him props. his fanatics were the issue, I for one do not get on boxing sights to trash fighters daily like u. I talk my ish every now n then but that's it. some of u clowns are so emotionally invested in this it ruins your lives and us real boxing fans lives.... the pac turd vs flo moe beef is played out and old news please stop it man. grow up
    who have i trashed today?

Comment

Originally posted by The Smash View Post
      He's very talented, but his record is paper thin.

Postol or Indongo are his best wins. What is so impressive about either of these guys? Like if I asked you to describe their attributes, what would you say?

He's in the welterweight division, now, so hopefully fights with Spence, Thurman, Porter and Pac show us good he truly is. Right now, though, he is massively overrated by virtue of being talented, American, undefeated and an (up until August)HBO fighter. Any guy who has those four things going for him is instantly made out to be the new Sugar Ray Leonard. Watch what they'll be saying about Andrade, now that he those four things.
      yeah i agree. im not hating on crawford just saying theres not a lot on that record for him to be held in such high esteem as of yet. People talking about him as the best guy in the sport cause hes beaten victor postol, some guy who drew with peterson and julius indongo whos best win was shot ricky burns? people can say 'unified 140' ' 3 weight world champ' or whatever but that doesnt chnge the fact that hes fought noone. If he goes and beats thurman/spence then fair play but until then theres a question mark. Dont get why people are getting so defensive, its not crazy to think you have to beat a world class fighter to be seen as the pound for pound best.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
        whats wrong with what i said? You asked me who i wanted him to fight and ive named them. the top fighters in 147 arent just a step up in weight, they are a step up in quality.
        what's wrong is you're saying he hasn't impressed you. then the reason you've said he hasn't impressed you is because he hasn't fought Thurman/spence (guys in a different division.

how about you mention who you'd like to see him fight in 140?

how can a guy impress you if he hasn't even stepped foot in the division of the guys you want him to fight?

who in 140 and below could he have fought that would've "impressed" you.

another dumb thing about what you said is you're mentioning guys that we all know won't fight each other.

how about you be more real and list who he could fight that would "impress" you, followed by actually being able to get done.

recap with what's wrong with what you said:
        -he hasn't impressed you (even though he's the undisputed champion in his division and beat everyone in front of him
        -you want him to fight keith/spence (how can he have those under his belt when he's just entering 47)
        -keith and spence fight on the other side of the street, not likely we'll get that fight

it's clear you don't like Crawford

I hear bud is kind of crazy too. I'd love for you to tell him he ain't shi* to his face

Comment

Originally posted by Shako93 View Post
          Gamboa, Burns, Postol, Diaz, Indongo.
          Who has Thurman and Spence beat and how did they beat them? Last I check Crawford dominated his wins. Thurman barely got past Porter and Spence barely got past Brooks. It's who you beat but also how you beat them.
          Also Gamboa went up in weight to fight Crawford so that win doesn't count much like the Rigo fight doesn't count towards Nomaschenko.
          Good list and you could throw in beltran and a few others.ALL TOP 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Gigantes View Post
            what's wrong is you're saying he hasn't impressed you. then the reason you've said he hasn't impressed you is because he hasn't fought Thurman/spence (guys in a different division.

how can a guy impress you if he hasn't even stepped foot in the division of the guys you want him to fight?

another dumb thing about what you said is you're mentioning guys that we all know won't fight each other.

how about you be more real and list who he could fight that would "impress" you, followed by actually being able to get done.

-he hasn't impressed you (even though he's the undisputed champion in his division and beat everyone in front of him
            -you want him to fight keith/spence (how can he have those under his belt when he's just entering 47)
            -keith and spence fight on the other side of the street, not likely we'll get that fight

I hear bud is kind of crazy too. I'd love for you to tell him he ain't shi* to his face
            think youve misunderstood my point lol. Not saying hes ducked anyone but i think the divisions hes been in have been piss poor. 147 is a step up in quality although mikey at 140 would be a good fight also.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
              yeah i agree. im not hating on crawford just saying theres not a lot on that record for him to be held in such high esteem as of yet. People talking about him as the best guy in the sport cause hes beaten victor postol, some guy who drew with peterson and julius indongo whos best win was shot ricky burns? people can say 'unified 140' ' 3 weight world champ' or whatever but that doesnt chnge the fact that hes fought noone. If he goes and beats thurman/spence then fair play but until then theres a question mark. Dont get why people are getting so defensive, its not crazy to think you have to beat a world class fighter to be seen as the pound for pound best.
              The ironic thing is, his resume is better currently than Golovkins' pre-Jacobs. He's also more or less cleaned out two weight divisions. Even pre-Jacobs you were an advocate of Golovkin as p4p number 1.

So my answer would be that people probably have crawford at top spot because of similar reasons to those with Golovkin previously. Apart from they have more evidence and a more compelling case to feel that way.

I personally feel you can't look past Loma right now, he has elevated his resume with that Rigo win and performance, past the others. But I do fell that Loma and Crawford are the best most versatile fighters in the world - by a distance.

Comment

P4P is starting to be more about popularity than resume. Remember folks, there is a reason why Hagler is rated higher than Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                  The ironic thing is, his resume is better currently than Golovkins' pre-Jacobs. He's also more or less cleaned out two weight divisions. Even pre-Jacobs you were an advocate of Golovkin as p4p number 1.

So my answer would be that people probably have crawford at top spot because of similar reasons to those with Golovkin previously. Apart from they have more evidence and a more compelling case to feel that way.

I personally feel you can't look past Loma right now, he has elevated his resume with that Rigo win and performance, past the others. But I do fell that Loma and Crawford are the best most versatile fighters in the world - by a distance.
                  Loma is anything but versatile.

Can he fight on the inside??
                  Nope
                  How about off the ropes?
                  Nope
                  Can he beat somebody that outweighs him?

Nope...Salido proved that.

There is nothing at all versatile about Loma.

Get back to me when he gets down and dirty on the inside instead of looking for the ref every time he gets tapped on the tummy

Comment

Originally posted by Gigantes View Post

Grandslam homerun.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post

Op is a complete moron. He used to say Crawford needs to move up and stop being a coward. While supporting gg staying at 160 for 10 years

Says Crawford fights nothing but bums, but said mikey fighting lipinets is a good fight. He's a hypocrite in every sense
                      Last edited by HanzGruber; 12-16-2017, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X