Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 01-25-2020, 05:28 PM #1
Amateur

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Boxing2022 is on a distinguished road
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,659.85
Default Prime Tyson - Most overused word in boxing

Way to many times we see people write Prime Tyson on the internet, arguing "Prime Tyson" would KO anyone so let's look at some facts. The first is most the people don't even know when "Prime Tyson" was.

If you say Prime Tyson got knocked out by Buster Douglas they say he was past his prime. Then all the excuses about he had things going on or he wasn't the same after rooney etc.

He was only 23 fight Buster yet people claim a boxer was all ready past their prime at 23.

So then someone will say 86-90 he was at his prime. So the argument that he would KO anyone in his prime is irrelevant again because he went to points with FOUR boxers in that time.

Who did he really beat? Best win Spinks? Holmes was out 2 years and like 41.

I'm sure that every fighter fought before Douglas, Wladmir AJ Fury Wilder would have won them all none of them were elite. Wilder would have KOd Tucker Smith Green and Tiller.

Another fact is Tyson paid Lewis SIX MILLION as he wanted to avoid him in his prime then won his next fight and dropped the belt. Imagine now in the social media age if Wilder paid AJ SIX MILLION to avoid him if he was mandatory.

Another popular comment is 90s was a golden age and this era can't compare and they all fought each other. If i remember right Tyson and Lewis both did not fight Bowe (for whatever reason, i'm just stating the fact it didn't happen) and Tyson fought Lewis too late cause he avoided him in the 90s.

The post is not hating on Tyson, it's just trying to show the fact that i think any of Wlad AJ Fury Wilder could have competed with the top fighters of other era and M Tyson could have won then not saying he would not at all but the fact people act like Tyson Holyfield Lewis are so far better is annoying af. Imagine this era Wilder or AJ being KOd by a Mcall or Rahman they would never here the end of it. Boxers these days have more pressure with social media the second they throw a punch or a wild punch there'll be 1000s commenting on twitter and social media dissing them for every move they make it wasn't like that back then. Also wasn't as much drug testing like today so who knows what peds they could have been on then.

Last edited by Boxing2022; 01-25-2020 at 05:31 PM.
Boxing2022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 05:35 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4548 Post(s)
RJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,722.27
Total Points: 168,106.94
Cheers, brother - Tony Trick-Pony No Message - !a! No Message - !a! No Message - !a! suck on this too ya dumb f@ck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Boxing Goat 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - 1hourRun 

“Duck” is the most overused word in boxing.
RJJ-94-02=GOAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 05:48 PM #3
Up and Comer

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Saint Scrappy has a reputation beyond reputeSaint Scrappy has a reputation beyond reputeSaint Scrappy has a reputation beyond reputeSaint Scrappy has a reputation beyond reputeSaint Scrappy has a reputation beyond reputeSaint Scrappy has a reputation beyond reputeSaint Scrappy has a reputation beyond reputeSaint Scrappy has a reputation beyond reputeSaint Scrappy has a reputation beyond reputeSaint Scrappy has a reputation beyond reputeSaint Scrappy has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 4,053.29

I see two words? Do you mean "Prime"? If so, I agree.
Saint Scrappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 06:01 PM #4
Undisputed Champion

Location: The Desert,Peoples republic of Commiefornia,The land where insanity is law
Quoted: 4165 Post(s)
kushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 184,332.73
Total Points: 250,127.40
Keep up the great work champ! - JK1700 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing2022 View Post
Way to many times we see people write Prime Tyson on the internet, arguing "Prime Tyson" would KO anyone so let's look at some facts. The first is most the people don't even know when "Prime Tyson" was.

If you say Prime Tyson got knocked out by Buster Douglas they say he was past his prime. Then all the excuses about he had things going on or he wasn't the same after rooney etc.

He was only 23 fight Buster yet people claim a boxer was all ready past their prime at 23.

So then someone will say 86-90 he was at his prime. So the argument that he would KO anyone in his prime is irrelevant again because he went to points with FOUR boxers in that time.

I'm sure that every fighter fought before Douglas, Wladmir AJ Fury Wilder would have won them all none of them were elite. Wilder would have KOd Tucker Smith Green and Tiller.

Another fact is Tyson paid Lewis SIX MILLION as he wanted to avoid him in his prime then won his next fight and dropped the belt. Imagine now in the social media age if Wilder paid AJ SIX MILLION to avoid him if he was mandatory.

Another popular comment is 90s was a golden age and this era can't compare and they all fought each other. If i remember right Tyson and Lewis both did not fight Bowe (for whatever reason, i'm just stating the fact it didn't happen) and Tyson fought Lewis too late cause he avoided him in the 90s.

The post is not hating on Tyson, it's just trying to show the fact that i think any of Wlad AJ Fury Wilder could have competed with the top fighters of other era and M Tyson could have won then not saying he would not at all but the fact people act like Tyson Holyfield Lewis are so far better is annoying af. Imagine this era Wilder or AJ being KOd by a Mcall or Rahman they would never here the end of it. Boxers these days have more pressure with social media the second they throw a punch or a wild punch there'll be 1000s commenting on twitter and social media dissing them for every move they make it wasn't like that back then. Also wasn't as much drug testing like today so who knows what peds they could have been on then.
I agree with most your points. Tyson could've been 10x greater but Cus died & it ruined his career before it even started in many ways because only cus would ever have taken him to a level capable of beating the great Holyfield,Lewis,etc. And I completely agree that fighters of yesteryear are overrated & put on a pedestal as if they'd brutalize modern fighters when in many scenarios its actually the exact opposite. Several fighters of today are operating at a higher level than prior eras due to nutrition,modern training,& just simply because many hws of today have physical gifts yesteryear fighters didn't. Perfect example is that Wilder would likely ko Tyson at any age just off size alone(size only matters when both are elite & it then becomes a differentiator)
kushking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 06:04 PM #5
Mayweather F.O.T.D

Quoted: 27808 Post(s)
larryx... has a reputation beyond reputelarryx... has a reputation beyond reputelarryx... has a reputation beyond reputelarryx... has a reputation beyond reputelarryx... has a reputation beyond reputelarryx... has a reputation beyond reputelarryx... has a reputation beyond reputelarryx... has a reputation beyond reputelarryx... has a reputation beyond reputelarryx... has a reputation beyond reputelarryx... has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,870,722.49
Total Points: 1,897,903.49
............... - BostonGuy ............... - BostonGuy ............... - BostonGuy .................... - BostonGuy ............... - BostonGuy 
.................... - BostonGuy ............... - BostonGuy ............... - BostonGuy ............... - BostonGuy ............... - BostonGuy 
............... - BostonGuy ............... - BostonGuy ............... - BostonGuy .................... - BostonGuy ............... - BostonGuy 
............... - BostonGuy ............... - BostonGuy Suck it - lfc19titles A truce - lfc19titles A truce - lfc19titles 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - sugarsmosley Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - TBear 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - TBear Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Scott-Weiland 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Gay and Lesbian Pride - jas Gay and Lesbian Pride - jas Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - MELLY-MEL... 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - lfc19titles AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - lfc19titles Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - lfc19titles Gay and Lesbian Pride - lfc19titles Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - lfc19titles 

Prime is the wrong word people are using, I think they mean the Tyson that was trained and discipline..not the guy who lsot his entire camp and lost all his defensive and counter punching
larryx... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 06:45 PM #6
Amateur

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Boxing2022 is on a distinguished road
Total Points: 1,659.85

Duck and Robbery are two of the most used. Tbf even i've used duck but i think a lot of times it's more to do with promoters and network and money rather than the fact a boxer is scared. Robbery is used way too much, Wilder Fury Canelo GGG 2 etc are not robberies, close fights are not robberies people say this too often even though it is often that we see a judge with a ridiculous scorecard
Boxing2022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 06:45 PM #7
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2839 Post(s)
QueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,705.17
Total Points: 126,283.03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing2022 View Post

- -U the ol' BlahBlahBoxing guy on PEDs now?

Choice!
QueensburyRules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 07:18 PM #8
Banned

Quoted: 4205 Post(s)
Boxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 157,674.63

Bro you're stealing my name...I'm flattered
Boxing_1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 07:30 PM #9
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2483 Post(s)
Marchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,614.14
Total Points: 111,283.35
Rocky Marciano ATG fighter - Freedom. Thanks for thanking me! - Terry A The Bronze Bomber's year 2020 - Champ Wilder Let's go champ! - HeadBodyBodyBody 

Prime Tyson could KO anyone
Marchegiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 07:41 PM #10
North America Runs Boxing

Quoted: 17044 Post(s)
ShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 497,294.60
Total Points: 522,287.54
excellent posts mate - Alx. good post about Wlad being like Bute - RossCA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA brewed just 4 u - sugarsmosley 
valuable advice to training forum - jas Thanks for the green man,I should have won poster of the year,but the site is in denial.bitches huh ? - Scott-Weiland All in .&w - BERNIE'S CORNER Phone spazzed on gift giving. Can't green ya but have this beer on me. All in good fun ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Easily one of the best posters on the forum - JK1700 
Good thread and comments - maracho A truce - lfc19titles A truce - lfc19titles 

Prime Tyson did exist. It was the young version that kept close ties to the Cus D'Amato training regimen that forged his skills.

Once he got away from that structure he was in an irreversible downward spiral.
ShoulderRoll is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends