Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we going to pretend that Golovkin didn't just pull off a huge power play here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think there were a lot of factors that had to play out, among them Jacobs demanding more money than was offered and Canelo being stripped of his only "title".

I think it was apparent to Golovkin that despite what some people around here were claiming, Canelo's other options were not all that attractive and were risky too.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK KNOT View Post
      he beat clenelo there's no issues except for corrupt judges. Put in fair judges GGG wins 10/10.
      You can't win a fight by choosing to block punches with your face, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        GGG outlanded Canelo by a good margin

Comment

Golovkin is a boss.

Comment

Team De La Hoyea put up more deadlines than the UN...

Comment

oh are you one of those cats who says Canelo won because jabs don't count?

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                I think there were a lot of factors that had to play out, among them Jacobs demanding more money than was offered and Canelo being stripped of his only "title".

I think it was apparent to Golovkin that despite what some people around here were claiming, Canelo's other options were not all that attractive and were risky too.
                Well, according to Oscar Canelo could make $30M no matter who he fights... That's obviously not true. He can make good money, but nowhere near the kind of money he can make from facing Golovkin.

Golovkin knew this and held firm. He also knew that the public perception of Canelo wasn't good and that he would be under heavy pressure to accept the fight.

If Oscar really believed Canelo was this massive star he would never have surrendered 7.5% and possibly more.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                  oh are you one of those cats who says Canelo won because jabs don't count?
                  Jabs only count when floyd throws them.

Comment

We likely won't ever know what the actual split was (Alvarez wanted to give 42.5%, and Golovkin wanted 45%, so split the difference at 43.5% with the Mexico money not in the mix), but Golovkin is now happy with the deal.

Still, he's now a year older, the last fight was basically a 50/50 fight, he hasn't really done anything since tbh, he got stripped of one of his alleged prized belts, and he still likely has issues with fighting anyone who's not going to simply stand there and bang with him.
                    Maybe he wins, maybe he loses, could care less. I'm just pointing out Golovkin's brilliance in negotiating.

This could set a precedent for fighters going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      He's an idiot for the last month or so. He did catch a W today. Things are rarely 100% this or 100% that. Things are more grey my brothers & sissies. Team GGG needed a W after all the L's they been taken so respect to them for that.
                      Things are usually more grey than these fools here would have you believe but what other Ls has Golovkin and his team taken aside from the piss poor fight they out on May the 5th. Canelo derailed a bunch of **** with his failed tests. I don't hold Golovkin responsive for any thing other than the sub lar opponent he picked. I'll consced you pay way more attention to this **** than I do but I'm all for Golovkin skinning these mfers for all he can.

Comment

Working...
                      X