No announcement yet.

Good on Kovalev for showing respect to Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good on Kovalev for showing respect to Ward

Kovalev knew he was getting outclassed in that match, and these latest cryptic messages make it evident.

The only one who got robbed was Ward that night, he was robbed of a legit victory. He didn't need Weeks' help, Kov was all but done, and he knew it. He was also overselling earlier in the round to draw a foul, which was cowardly in my opinion.

yep....FACTS

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
      Kovalev knew he was getting outclassed in that match, and these latest cryptic messages make it evident.

The only one who got robbed was Ward that night, he was robbed of a legit victory. He didn't need Weeks' help, Kov was all but done, and he knew it. He was also overselling earlier in the round to draw a foul, which was cowardly in my opinion.
      Andre Ward couldn't even cleanly KO Sergey Kovalev in his wildest dreams even if he tried to. It's more likely that he would've broke his hand, from landing all his wussy, sissy ass punches before even coming close to knocking out Sergey Kovalev.

The only reason why the fight was even stopped is because the referee knew Ward couldn't KO Kovalev by himself and therefore had to help him by prematurely stopping the fight for him and making Ward look better than he actually is by giving him a premature TKO stoppage whilst Kovalev was still relatively okay.

Name me one fight where Ward actually knocked an opponent out unconscious! I doubt you can! So no, he wasn't going to do anything close to that to Kovalev, other than maybe injuring his hands or gassing out from punching himself out.
      Last edited by Mr Objecitivity; 02-26-2018, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post

I absolutely hate reading fanboys' opinions regarding that fight. Kovalev fans will continue claiming that Kovalev was doing great that it was all nut shots. Ward fans like yourself will pretend that Ward is this superior fighter and he was robbed of a victory.

Both of those storylines are absolute and utter horse****.

Kovalev WAS getting outclassed, especially in that 5th (or 6th? can't remember) round. Ward came in terrific shape, having made adjustments. Kovalev's jab wasn't nearly as effective. Kovalev's gameplan barely changed, and he would have lost the rematch without a doubt IMO. He also didn't think quickly on his feet to take a knee when he was against the ropes. That was all on Kovalev.

Having said that, that fight was and will remain tainted by both Ward's performance and the ref's. There were multiple clear nut shots that were not called. You mentioned that Kovalev 'oversold' a nut shot which was 'cowardly', what you are not mentioning is that Ward was WARNED for low blows by the same ref. Don't pretend that Ward is a clean fighter who got robbed by a ref of clear stoppage. There were some nut shots there that would make a normal man cry. Even if we assume that the shots at the end were clean, which they 100% they weren't, at the very least they're 'borderline', taking those shots after getting hit in the nuts 10 mins before hurts like a b1tch. Go get hit in the nuts then try to run around in 10 mins. The fact that the fight was stopped on a clear low blow is also ridiculous. What the hell was that ref watching?

The bottom line is that Kovalev was outclassed, but Ward fought a dirty fight and the ref let him do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
          Andre Ward couldn't even cleanly KO Sergey Kovalev in his wildest dreams even if he tried to. It's more likely that he would've broke his hand, from landing all his wussy, sissy ass punches before even coming close to knocking out Sergey Kovalev.

The only reason why the fight was even stopped is because the referee knew Ward couldn't KO Kovalev by himself and therefore had to help him by prematurely stopping the fight for him and making Ward look better than he actually is by giving him a premature TKO stoppage whilst Kovalev was still relatively okay.

Name me one fight where Ward actually knocked an opponent out unconscious! I doubt you can! So no, he wasn't going to do anything close to that to Kovalev, other than maybe injuring his hands or gassing out from punching himself out.
          Your boy got manhandled in there...Ward had him bending over and offering his ass up. Weeks saved his career.

Comment

Somebody is angry huh? The only person hurt/gassed in that fight was KOVALEV. Keep talking out of your butthurt anus. I don't think the Ref stepped in because Ward's inability to knock him out, he could've just continued beating him up and winning a wide decision so I'm not sure what orifice you are pulling this nonsense out of but it's ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Barristan View Post
              Your boy got manhandled in there...Ward had him bending over and offering his ass up. Weeks saved his career.
              Ward couldn't manhandle his way out of a toilet paper. The referee saved Ward's hands by preventing Ward from suffering a life effecting hand injury. Since that's pretty much what would've happened. His sissy ass punches weren't doing sht to Kovalev and Kovalev was going to laugh off ward's pathetic punches as they were bouncing off his body like nothing. In the end, it was only going one way, which is the way of Ward gassing out or destroying his hands permanently from his feminine punching technique that he can barely even dent a toilet paper with.

Comment

Originally posted by chicken- View Post
                Somebody is angry huh? The only person hurt/gassed in that fight was KOVALEV. Keep talking out of your butthurt anus. I don't think the Ref stepped in because Ward's inability to knock him out, he could've just continued beating him up and winning a wide decision so I'm not sure what orifice you are pulling this nonsense out of but it's ****.
                Ward was never going to KO Kovalev in a million years. That's my point! At least not by himself without outside help.

Ward would've won by decision due to referee's help. He couldn't outbox or win legitimately without help.

Let us know if Mr Ward is willing to fight Kovalev in Russia or in a neutral territory. Until then, Ward's win in his home country over a foreigner has 0 value when he needed to win using Ref's help/

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                  I absolutely hate reading fanboys' opinions regarding that fight. Kovalev fans will continue claiming that Kovalev was doing great that it was all nut shots. Ward fans like yourself will pretend that Ward is this superior fighter and he was robbed of a victory.

Both of those storylines are absolute and utter horse****.

Kovalev WAS getting outclassed, especially in that 5th (or 6th? can't remember) round. Ward came in terrific shape, having made adjustments. Kovalev's jab wasn't nearly as effective. Kovalev's gameplan barely changed, and he would have lost the rematch without a doubt IMO. He also didn't think quickly on his feet to take a knee when he was against the ropes. That was all on Kovalev.

Having said that, that fight was and will remain tainted by both Ward's performance and the ref's. There were multiple clear nut shots that were not called. You mentioned that Kovalev 'oversold' a nut shot which was 'cowardly', what you are not mentioning is that Ward was WARNED for low blows by the same ref. Don't pretend that Ward is a clean fighter who got robbed by a ref of clear stoppage. There were some nut shots there that would make a normal man cry. Even if we assume that the shots at the end were clean, which they 100% they weren't, at the very least they're 'borderline', taking those shots after getting hit in the nuts 10 mins before hurts like a b1tch. Go get hit in the nuts then try to run around in 10 mins. The fact that the fight was stopped on a clear low blow is also ridiculous. What the hell was that ref watching?

The bottom line is that Kovalev was outclassed, but Ward fought a dirty fight and the ref let him do it.
                  Well put...I'm not sure how there's people on one side that act like kovalev woulda won without the low blows, and people the other side who refuse to even acknowledge the clear low blows. Borderline doe.

Comment

Ward was never going to KO Kovalev in a million years. That's my point! At least not by himself without outside help.

Ward would've won by decision due to referee's help. He couldn't outbox or win legitimately without help.

Let us know if Mr Ward is willing to fight Kovalev in Russia or in a neutral territory. Until then, Ward's win in his home country over a foreigner has 0 value when he needed to win using Ref's help/
                    Kovalev is an American citizen

Comment

Working...
                    X