No announcement yet.

How Good Was Ricky Hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Good Was Ricky Hatton?

Everyone loves Ricky, he was a great personality but obviously his career got ruined by addiction and maybe by not quite being elite....

But truth be told, he was the Undisputed champion of his his division and that's a rare feat in modern boxing.

How good was he? Most people just think of the Pacquiao KO these days but beyond that....

Opinions?

He was decent,nice left hook to the body, very fast feet

Comment

He overachieved heavily for a guy with not that much talent and living the lifestyle he did.

Comment

One of the best 140lbers, very entertaining fighter who would probably be #1 LWW if he were around today. I felt like he spent far too long fucking around with that WBU title and that hurt him in the long run. Not to mention the constant blowing up between fights, putting on up to 60lbs a time.

Fast feet, brutal body shots but at times could be messy. He was a face first brawler but his tenacity and sturdiness saw him through against the best around that weren't Pacquiao & Mayweather, who are the two best fighters of this era without a shadow of a doubt. It's a shame he never met Cotto in the ring.

He's a lot better than the general consensus on ze Scene.

Comment

Very good.

P4P top 5 at one point.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            He overachieved heavily for a guy with not that much talent and living the lifestyle he did.
            I agree. Not a naturally talented boxer. Just a tough guy who would be good in bar fighters after a few beers.

Basically a smaller and better version of Carl Froch.

Comment

Very good but not great fighter who may have done more had he taken better care of himself between fights.

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
                I agree. Not a naturally talented boxer. Just a tough guy who would be good in bar fighters after a few beers.

Basically a smaller and better version of Carl Froch.
                I would say he's nothing like Carl Froch.

Comment

He was a pretty good fighter, he did beat kostya tyszu when he was the top guy.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    I would say he's nothing like Carl Froch.
                    Yeah total different styles...."theres only one ricky hatton"! He truly was a one of a kind fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X