• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

please dont insult Carl like that

(lol j/k weebler)

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
      He's a man's man. His willingness to risk it all is something other boxers don't do today.

I should just point out...the BBC have not mentioned one thing about Froch this morning. Maybe they said something yesterday (it won't have been much because the BBC don't talk about boxing anymore unless there's a controversy ala Khan-Peterson, Chisora-Haye) but usually on Monday, it's a weekend round up...
      **** the BBC and the way the treat/act towards boxing.

Then again, it's not entirely their fault. They did back Fraduley with a massive contract and look what happened there but they defintely should jump back on board the boxing wagon.

ITV did well when they showed a few fights and fair play to Channel 5 for picking up the boxing (even if it just Fury fights, it's a start).

Comment

Nation's popularity was down to his aggressive, face-first style of fighting, no doubt. But you have to give Frank Warren major credit gi his marketing skills. Hatton is a massive Manchester City football fan, and staging his fights at the Manchester MEN arena was genius. The level of opponent didn't matter. Those people would've paid to see Ricky take a dump. Hence why Warren took so long putting Hatton in with a world class opponent. They were coining it in defending the WBU title until even Hatton got tired of it and told Warren to step it up. Froch has had less time and worse management in his early career. Not. to mention, calling Calzaghe didn't make him too popular. Good to see he's getting the dues he's paid. I always liked him.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
          Those people would've paid to see Ricky take a dump.
          So true lol.

Reminds me of when Tyson said he'd sell Madison Square Garden out if he got in the ring and began fapping.

...You know what. I was never a fan of Ricky. I liked him but never jumped on the bandwagon.

I miss him now though. I miss the nation suddenly giving a **** about boxing. When the Mayweather-Hatton fight was coming up, it was making FRONT page news. Nowadays, it back pages and just a few sentences.

Comment

Working...
          X