Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why dont more fighters do what Deontay Wilder does?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the difference between roadwork and treadmill? Surely, you can do roadwork on a treadmill and increase longevity? Treadmills are supposed to be better on the joints anyhow

Comment

swimming, pool/beach workouts are the best ways to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
        What's the difference between roadwork and treadmill? Surely, you can do roadwork on a treadmill and increase longevity? Treadmills are supposed to be better on the joints anyhow
        a person can be distracted at home/gym.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
          James Toney never used to do any roadwork either.
          Really? That is the first I've heard that.

If that's true that would explain why he was not difficult to outwork.

Comment

I think there are better ways to do some "traditional" boxing training, but good luck convincing the average boxing fan or trainer that sh^t. First & foremost on that list would be standard run of mill roadwork. I think swimming is a great alternative, from all accounts anyway cuz I can't mfing swim. I think most importantly its easier on the body + works out more of the body so its more efficient on top of that. I don't even think bicycling is an awful option, but I tend to think you gotta put some extra time into that one & it might not be the best use of your time. It'll for sure get your stamina up there doe.

That said I do think running improves balance & clearly thats something Wilder has a ton of issues with. Wilder would probably do himself good if he did more of those crazy drills where you are standing on one of those yoga balls getting tennis balls thrown at you or something like that to improve his balance.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              Roadwork is a traditional boxing workout going back to the bare knuckle days. Running is beneficial but maybe less running
              I think running in sand is better than traditional roadwork too if you are sold on doing it. Idk wtf people are running on the hard a$$ pavement for.

Run in the sand & you got built in resistance training + I don't believe its as hard on your knees/feet. Do some hills & you will wish you would just die lol. Back when I was hardcore into training I ran hills at the beach & sandy a$$ hills are a mfer. Traditional roadwork ain't got sh^t on that.

Comment

Swimming is good for throwing windmill punches

Comment

Wilder seems to have glass joints, so swimming is probably a better fit for him, each to their own i guess.

Comment

swimming doens't prepare you for the impact of boxing. running does. the more you step the stronger your bones and soft tissues get, to a point. if you're too big or running too much they'll break down, but wilder definitely is not. training camps in boxing usually aren't more than 12 weeks, and you can run for 12 weeks even if you're well over 200 lbs as long as you aren't overdoing it and you have proper footwear.

most of these HW should be running at least a bit. some of the HW of the last 10 years are flat out obese. ruiz, arreola, thompson, these guys carry 20+ extra lbs! you don't box in a pool. you think odlanier solis' knee is going to give out if he's 30 lbs lighter from waking up and running every morning?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      Really? That is the first I've heard that.

If that's true that would explain why he was not difficult to outwork.

don't believe everything you hear just becuase it fits an agenda

you tink james toney is making 160 lbs for years without running?

think for a minute about that, please.

Comment

Working...
                      X