Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Team Ward and HBO setup Chad Dawson on par to John David Jackson ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maracho View Post
    in some interviews that I saw after the fight , I was surprised to see you blaming Dawson's mouth and not mentioning any of the political and psychological tactics of the bigwigs involved nor how according to Dawson, he tried to change the fight to a catch-weight fairly early on once he realised how drained it was making him.

Now if Dawson was blaming you for the whole thing and as you mentioned, also finding a new coach while cutting you off from communication, I could see myself being hurt and blaming his big mouth as well, especially since you were the only one warning him.

Also, I'd be most interested to see your thoughts on the Team Ward /John David Jackson new school covert psychological warfare, and then Tony Weeks stopping the fight after supposedly not seeing multiple illegal moves .
    Also, to take it further, once u call someone out at a weight, THATS IT, theres no turning back. But here's the things...one is that he wanted it but they didnt tell me their plans. I found out about it LITERALLY in the ring during the post fight interview after the Hopkins fight. When I asked in private about it I was ASSURED by the strength coach that not only would he make 168 but that he would do so easily. And literally right o the very end, right until we stepped on the scale, this man assured me it was all great. Thats when I knew for sure that he had NO CLUE WHATSOEVER what it takes to make weight and what it does to the body when u do it wrong

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
      Also, to take it further, once u call someone out at a weight, THATS IT, theres no turning back. But here's the things...one is that he wanted it but they didnt tell me their plans. I found out about it LITERALLY in the ring during the post fight interview after the Hopkins fight. When I asked in private about it I was ASSURED by the strength coach that not only would he make 168 but that he would do so easily. And literally right o the very end, right until we stepped on the scale, this man assured me it was all great. Thats when I knew for sure that he had NO CLUE WHATSOEVER what it takes to make weight and what it does to the body when u do it wrong
      Nice to see you back Scully, and as usual, thanks for the insight.

Comment

The thread was about Cruz's political divisiveness such as bandwagoning about Trump committing genocide on Puerto Rico but you clamored on and on about how she was no way involved in the $72 billion debt
        was she the one who passed the jones act in 1920? wow she is old as hell!

A 2010 study by the University of Puerto Rico found that the Jones Act cost the island $537 million per year.

how do you get out of debt when the US controls your politics and does things that are not in puerto ricos interests? then uninformed people like trump blame them for being in debt simply because he knows nothing. oh look they are in debt they must suck...why are they in debt is the question.

Comment

Could you please link that video of Dawson and HBO calling out Ward.
          It seems to me that Dawson mentioned various weights and Ward jumped on path of the least resistance. Moreover, Dawson claims that he was practically begging Ward for a catchweight when he found out how weak it was making him. In the mean time you were promoting the fight to be on par to Leonard/Hearns but Dawson was so weak he only landed 29 punches

What really surprised me was when after Dawson claimed a HBO setup you seemed to go out of your way to protect HBO and now you keep refusing to give your thoughts on HBO's Ward/kovalev fiascos.
          Last edited by maracho; 10-11-2017, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            was she the one who passed the jones act in 1920? wow she is old as hell!

A 2010 study by the University of Puerto Rico found that the Jones Act cost the island $537 million per year.

how do you get out of debt when the US controls your politics and does things that are not in puerto ricos interests? then uninformed people like trump blame them for being in debt simply because he knows nothing. oh look they are in debt they must suck...why are they in debt is the question.
            The only reason I brought that Cruz in this thread was to remind Siablo of his chronic bias for Pharisee governing bodies

If you read my posts, you'll see that I'm a Kapernick fan who holds United States way more responsible than any other country. However I showed Siablo that mayor Cruz had a great deal of power in Puerto Rico and most of the crazy borrowing and Corruption came after she became mayor and was exposed a lot if not most often in her district of San Juan. The sad bottom line however is that neither governments can even clear roads to get millions of bottles of drinking water from San Juan to the rural areas
            Last edited by maracho; 10-11-2017, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Could you please link that video of Dawson and HBO calling out Ward.
              It seems to me that Dawson mentioned various weights and Ward jumped on path of the least resistance. Moreover, Dawson claims that he was practically begging Ward for a catchweight when he found out how weak it was making him. In the mean time you were promoting the fight to be on par to Leonard/Hearns but Dawson was so weak he only landed 29 punches

What really surprised me was when after Dawson claimed a HBO setup you seemed to go out of your way to protect HBO and now you keep refusing to give your thoughts on HBO's Ward/kovalev fiascos.
              I dont have the video, Ive never seen it, but it was in the ring during the post fight interview after the Hopkins fight. Its on Youtube, Im sure. Chad said right there in the ring that he would do it at 168, no problem. I asked him and his strength coach moments later in private and I was assured it wasnt going to be a problem. Now, when you are getting ready for a fight you have to hope and assume that somehow your guy will be ready. Now , on paper, that fight reminded me of Leonard-Hearns 1 in that it was two very good young guys going at it in their close to primes...I was asked and I answered when they questioned me...now maybe you think that as members of the camp we should just ALWAYS tell the exact truth, tell every inside piece of information so you can have it but it doesnt work that way. Its actually kind of pointless to ask the fighters, trainers and managers questions about how camps are going because no one in their right mind is going to tell you anything but that camp is going wonderfully. Some idiot reporter actually called me two or three times to ask me a question before the fight about something that he heard happened in our camp...and he was adamant that I tell him...like I should tell this man anything he wants to know simply because he asked???? Nah, it doesnt work that way. Realize something. If a fighter falls of a bicycle three days before the fight, flies 30 feet through the air, does two flips on the way and lands directly and flat on his back in the middle of the street and THEN gets ran over by a truck...and u ask me or him on the day of the fight how things are going?

"Feeling great, boss. Best shape of his life."

Comment

Also, Im not sure what u mean about me defending HBO? I have no idea what u mean. It is what it is. You call for a fight and you got it. And, listen, during that camp there was no thought of him not making that weight from anyone but ME. You cant sign a contract and start training for a fight and THEN ask for them to change the weight class. I mean, you dont really think thats how it happened do you?

Comment

I dont have the video, Ive never seen it, but it was in the ring during the post fight interview after the Hopkins fight. Its on Youtube, Im sure. Chad said right there in the ring that he would do it at 168, no problem. I asked him and his strength coach moments later in private and I was assured it wasnt going to be a problem. Now, when you are getting ready for a fight you have to hope and assume that somehow your guy will be ready. Now , on paper, that fight reminded me of Leonard-Hearns 1 in that it was two very good young guys going at it in their close to primes...I was asked and I answered when they questioned me...now maybe you think that as members of the camp we should just ALWAYS tell the exact truth, tell every inside piece of information so you can have it but it doesnt work that way. Its actually kind of pointless to ask the fighters, trainers and managers questions about how camps are going because no one in their right mind is going to tell you anything but that camp is going wonderfully. Some idiot reporter actually called me two or three times to ask me a question before the fight about something that he heard happened in our camp...and he was adamant that I tell him...like I should tell this man anything he wants to know simply because he asked???? Nah, it doesnt work that way. Realize something. If a fighter falls of a bicycle three days before the fight, flies 30 feet through the air, does two flips on the way and lands directly and flat on his back in the middle of the street and THEN gets ran over by a truck...and u ask me or him on the day of the fight how things are going?

"Feeling great, boss. Best shape of his life."
                  There is a big difference from telling everyone the weight is no problem and/or no Edison Miranda didn't just KO Chad in sparing to promoting the fight as the next Leonard/Hearns

Also, Im not sure what u mean about me defending HBO? I have no idea what u mean. It is what it is. You call for a fight and you got it. And, listen, during that camp there was no thought of him not making that weight from anyone but ME. You cant sign a contract and start training for a fight and THEN ask for them to change the weight class. I mean, you dont really think thats how it happened do you?
                  Dawson is asked if he'd go to 168 to fight Ward.

"Right now, you know, I'd fight anybody, 168, 175. You know? I'm not saying I prefer to come out of my comfort zone, which is 175, but I could make 168."
                  http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing...184031903.html

Dawson said “We wanted to do a catchweight at 170, but they threw it out the window. They said ‘no.’ We can’t make the fight unless it’s 168 pounds. The weight don’t bother me; the fight in Ward’s backyard don’t bother me.”
                  http://www.************.com/2012/08/...ght-with-ward/

"We did throw a catchweight option out there. We asked for 170 and his people said no. They wouldn't budge," Dawson stated. "What he said isn't true and he insisted that the fight take place in Oakland. We wanted the fight so we gave him everything he wanted. I'm a true champion and I'm willing to do what it takes to make the fight."
                  http://www.socialunderground.com/for...ad.php?tid=838

When Dawson claimed an HBO set up to make Ward the new TBE at Dawson's expence, you seem to go out of your way to blame Dawson. And now you still refuse to give your thoughts on HBO's Ward kovalev fiascos
                  Last edited by maracho; 10-12-2017, 09:56 AM.

Comment

There is a big difference from telling everyone the weight is no problem and/or no Edison Miranda didn't just KO Chad in sparing to promoting the fight as the next Leonard/Hearns

Dawson is asked if he'd go to 168 to fight Ward.

"Right now, you know, I'd fight anybody, 168, 175. You know? I'm not saying I prefer to come out of my comfort zone, which is 175, but I could make 168."

Dawson said “We wanted to do a catchweight at 170, but they threw it out the window. They said ‘no.’ We can’t make the fight unless it’s 168 pounds. The weight don’t bother me; the fight in Ward’s backyard don’t bother me.”
                    http://www.************.com/2012/08/...ght-with-ward/

"We did throw a catchweight option out there. We asked for 170 and his people said no. They wouldn't budge," Dawson stated. "What he said isn't true and he insisted that the fight take place in Oakland. We wanted the fight so we gave him everything he wanted. I'm a true champion and I'm willing to do what it takes to make the fight."
                    http://www.socialunderground.com/for...ad.php?tid=838

When Dawson claimed an HBO set up to make Ward the new TBE at Dawson's expence, you seem to go out of your way to blame Dawson. And now you still refuse to give your thoughts on HBO's Ward kovalev fiascos
                    You do realize that Scully was Dawson's trainer for that fight right? Anything that happened, he would have first hand knowledge of it. Why are you arguing with him? You sound foolish.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                      You do realize that Scully was Dawson's trainer for that fight right? Anything that happened, he would have first hand knowledge of it. Why are you arguing with him? You sound foolish.
                      I say it's foolish for you to question fighters (especially Eurasians) with thousands of posts but get upset because I question their trainers (and I've seen a multitude that make Scully look like a total angel), especially when they contradict their fighters "quotes".

I say you're upset with me just because you are a huge fan of Andre Ward and have made multiple posts blaming Kovalev for everything from the low blows by Ward and stoppage by Weeks to racism and all his problems with John David Jackson, etc, etc, etc, etc
                      Last edited by maracho; 10-12-2017, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X