Comments Thread For: Joshua Vows To "Go To War" With Deontay Wilder, Not Box

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just to sell the fight, he will be a lot smarter than this

Comment

I honestly think he should go to war. He needs to put pressure on Wilder and also stay close to smother his punches. If he fights at a distance, Wilder will pick him apart with his jab and eventually shoot that right hand straight down the pike. Lights Out!!! But AJ is the all around better boxer. He has more tools and needs to use all of them to win.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
        Going to war is probably a good idea as AJ is the better boxer and better on the inside. It could backfire though as Wilder has more stamina and power.

If Wilder catches Joshua he's not going to be Klitschko and let him off the hook. He's gonna windmill until he finishes him.

I hope this turns out to be an explosive fight but have a feeling it's going to be more tactical than people think. Joshua Gotta do his part to sell tickets though.
        Joshua wont have to lift a finger if the fight is in the UK.Wilder would be the one who has to promote the hell out of it...AJ is just going to let Hearn go loose with Deontay.That is why i want this fight in the US, AJ will have to go fire to fire with Wilder, not just in the ring, but outside in the press Confrences etc to sell the PPV...

Comment

How about we put the pen to the paper first.

Comment

What jab wilder has?

Wilder never fought a big guy almost like him.aj has more skills more everything wilder is a lucky duck who fights like an amateur. Only a solid right hand

Comment

Hopefully Joshua is telling the truth ... I do not doubt that he enters with those intentions ... but, he will definitely be knocked out if he goes to war with Wilder, that's what Joshua, Hearn and all his fans know ..... when he feels the first bombshell, I'm sure he's going to go boxing ... and that's where he has a chance. although being sincere it seems to me that if it comes as slow as with Parker, it will be knocked out later than early ....

Comment

Yeah sure, just like he was supposed to go to war with parker.

Comment

Badly written article that betrays the title. A hiss befits the content

Comment

Bring it on!

60-40 or 55-35 and Wilder will sign plus if you lose Wilder gets your percentage in the rematch while if you win then you get 70-30, good deal especially since it's in the UK with your media, ref and judges!

Comment

The last thing Joshua should do is fight him at range. Wilder generates the huge power from range. You don't see him KO people with short hooks or uppercuts in mid or close range, it's always the big right hand launched from distance.

Joshua should force Wilder on the back foot behind the jab like Washington did and then get in close on Wilder where he is much better than Wilder, much stronger and where the rangier Wilder cannot generate much power on his shots.

So I believe an aggressive Joshua will do better than a tentative one that fights at Wilder's range and just boxes, giving Wilder more time to land that right hand.

Comment

Working...
                      X