Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your age and resting heart rate (bpm)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair.. I exercised pretty flat out from 16 until now (when I'm much more sedate)

But in that time I smoked on and off and drank too! And did the odd drug

I think some ppl just naturally have a lower set point heart rate than others.

The heart rate and blood pressure being lower IS a sign of fitness but not the whole story.

When I had an HR of 48 I was mega fit.

Now at 55 I would say I was still fitter than the average person (I could get up and beat even pretty active ppl in a run), but I would not be as fit as proper athletes even with higher HR/BP.

The true test, as any S&R coach will tell you, is how quickly your heart rate can return back to it's resting heart rate (whatever it is) after maximal exhaustion (a fairly reliable indicator of Oxygen Uptake, without the gruelling test).

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
      33 and 56bpm

When 25 (and boxing) 48bpm
      Shut up you lying fucck. Your heart rate goes through the roof everytime you post about Ali

Comment

Originally posted by One more round View Post
        Shut up you lying fucck. Your heart rate goes through the roof everytime you post about Ali
        Why don't you go **** yourself OneMoreRound!

You wouldn't even be able to count high enough to measure your ****ing heart beat you lame ****!

Yeah your right though, it sends both my pulse and BP through the roof having to withstand biased, obvious and fullblown BS like you and your "on the payroll" colleagues get for sprouting such rubbish as you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
          Why don't you go **** yourself OneMoreRound!

You wouldn't even be able to count high enough to measure your ****ing heart beat you lame ****!

Yeah your right though, it sends both my pulse and BP through the roof having to withstand biased, obvious and fullblown BS like you and your "on the payroll" colleagues get for sprouting such rubbish as you do.

Comment

Originally posted by J.Dempsey View Post
            Wow we have some fit ppl here (no ****)
            Yes I believe true resting heart beat is first thing in morning
            That said, the jolt of adrenaline from the morning alarm might push up pulse a little.....

Comment

30yo 74 bpm
              Would alcohol, time and temp effect this at all?

Comment

24yr, 60bpm

Comment

Originally posted by Psylence83 View Post
                  30yo 74 bpm
                  Would alcohol, time and temp effect this at all?
                  Most definitely would. Quite a lot.

Anyway, 33 and mine is right on 60, though it's late here and I haven't done serious training in years. I used to have one of the lowest heart rates I knew about. It was always good, but when I was training it was very, very low.

I suppose 60 isn't bad, but it actually seems very high in comparison now.

I'll get it back down nice and low one day. It's always 'one day' though.

Comment

32 yo

28 BPM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rammstein View Post
                      32 yo

28 BPM.
                      please stop embarrassing yourself.

Comment

Working...
                      X