Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erik Morales is Not Sure Who Will Lead Mexican Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salvador Sanchez never changed facial expression, he fought round 15 like it was round 1. His legs never gave , he had composure; never cut or bleed. Ask Canelo and even he will tell you he can never be up Chava's(Fists of Elegance) level . Sanchez makes Chavez look average. He was 23 when he died in his Porshe. & if canelo goes after Trout and then beats Mayweather by the time he's 24-25 he'll be legit to carry Mexico in the ring

Comment

Originally posted by torchemup View Post
      Salvador Sanchez never changed facial expression, he fought round 15 like it was round 1. His legs never gave , he had composure; never cut or bleed. Ask Canelo and even he will tell you he can never be up Chava's(Fists of Elegance) level . Sanchez makes Chavez look average. He was 23 when he died in his Porshe. & if canelo goes after Trout and then beats Mayweather by the time he's 24-25 he'll be legit to carry Mexico in the ring
      The way my dad would talk about Sanchez stamina and will were damn near mythical abd legendary

Comment

Right now I would say Abner Mares, the kid has an impressive streak and has by far a better resume than Chavez Jr or Canelo.

The opposition of Canelo has been absolutely terrible, and while Chavez Jr already lost, at least he fought one of the best P4P boxers in the world. There's no shame in losing against Maravilla Martínez.

Canelo on the other hand keeps avoiding even decent competition, hell, he's avoiding any competition at 154 lbs and decided to fight against guys that are WWs or LWWs.

Barrera, Morales, JMM, Sanchez, JCC Sr, all those guys had or still have great skills and faced the best, while Canelo hasn't done shit. I don't care if he "was going to fight" Wladimir K or something like that, until he does it he's still an unproved fighter who has a paper belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
          If Canelo leads the way, the heretige of Mexican boxing is in trouble. Since I've followed boxing (1972), every single Mexican boxing great was more than willing to fight anyone. Canelo just doesn't fit into that category. RLopez, Sanchez, Berrera, Morales, JMM, Zarate,Chavez Sr,Olivarez,etc were all more than willing to fight every tough fight available to them. Are Mexican boxing fans ready to give up this part of the Mexican boxing legend?
          I have to agree! I will be embarassed if Canela is the one carrying the Mexican flag in boxing!

Comment

dont forget!!!

Lets not forget that saul alvarez faught shane mosley although old it was a test!!!

and since he passed they have been trying to match him with a worthy opponent!!! like paul williams, james kirkland pulled out of a fight with saul over a hurt shoulder, they tried to match him with victor ortiz say what you want about victor he is still a threat!!

saul only 21yrs old at the time these matches were being set up!!

so they are obviosley trying to match him up!! they know saul is ready, and they are not waiting anymore!!!

saul is not going to be padded like jr. and it seems like no one really wants to fight canelo right now!!!

Comment

I prefer to support the lesser known mexican fighters that I know will go further based on their skill. Guys like Vazquez, Burgos, Mares etc. One of these guys will eventually become the face of mexican boxing the way it should be with a huge win over a another star fighter. I dont really care too much for jr or canelo tbh feel they are not being brought up right.

Comment

I say Rey Vargas, just a matter of time before everybody gets to know him.

Comment

Working...
                X