Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hatton-Senchenko, Quigg-Monroe, Rabchenko-Vitu, Murray-Navarro RBR and discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
    Not much good if he's clinically depressed though. That tends not to have much connection with reality.
    Hopefully they find the right medication for him and he will be fine.

He has access to resources which many poor depressed people don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
      He should be fine. 34, rich as hell. and it's just a sport. I think his life is better than 99% of people in Manchester so he ain't got much to complain about except losing in a game.
      You don't get it, he was already on the verge of doing it. His wife caught him with a knife in his hand when he was about to do something stupid. Imagine how he's feeling now after losing to a solid but B level guy...

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        You don't get it, he was already on the verge of doing it. His wife caught him with a knife in his hand when he was about to do something stupid. Imagine how he's feeling now after losing to a solid but B level guy...
        I had a friend who killed himself, so of course I wish Ricky the best.

He needs to get help and I hope he does.

I hope he doesn't die because he achieved a ton in a "game".

He still has a good life ahead without boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
          Hopefully they find the right medication for him and he will be fine.

He has access to resources which many poor depressed people don't.
          Very true. He enjoys a lot of privileges thanks to his success in the ring. Whether those can save him or not remains to be seen.

I don't know how much defeat tonight has to do with it to be honest. Win or lose, boxing is never going to save him from his own demons.

Comment

• Ricky is the man.

I am very familiar with all this decade's great boxers and Ricky for me is one of the main guy. He showed everybody how important it is to 'walk the talk' if a boxer wants to be considered a great boxer. He showed everybody the real meaning of a "warrior".

He is a great boxer and lit up the ring every time he fights. He has given everything he has to the sport and that alone deserves respect.

Ricky has nothing more to prove. It is now time for a new life for Ricky, but not necessarily out of boxing.

Retirement is not an ending, but rather a beginning of a phase in life that may also involve his love for the sport. His passion for the sport could be harnessed to elevate boxing in a level that he has dreamed of. This new phase could be more important than fighting in the ring considering boxing's current state of corruption.

Comment

• Sad to say but I think he will follow thru with his suicide this time depression and suicidal thoughts are monsters that can't be escaped no matter how good your life seems to people. It's all in the brain and mental make up of a person. He's been down this same road before those same feelings are gonna rear it's head and boom! I'm sorry but prepare for "rip" threads incoming

Comment

• We love ya, Ricky! Keep your head up

Comment

• You guys should listen to my assessments.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    You guys should listen to my assessments.
                    You can't really bet on things like "body condition", especially since we haven't even seen his training camp performance. Everyone with a grasp of reality knew this could happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
                      You can't really bet on things like "body condition", especially since we haven't even seen his training camp performance. Everyone with a grasp of reality knew this could happen.
                      I said it would happen, I bet as such and I won. I couldn't understand how a substantial amount of people completely overlooked how a person's lifestyle and time away from the ring will effect one's performance. The Ricky of today isn't the Ricky of 5 years ago. I know the main reason he took the fight was because he beat Paulie and Paulie beat this guy so ergo, he should fulfill the triangle theory. Most of us know that triangle theories rarely ever workout though.

Comment

Working...
                      X