Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bundrage just tweeted he will fight Canelo on Sept 15!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am sure you will K9, But that doesn't mean he would get the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by PureBoxingCEO View Post
      https://twitter.com/#!/K9boxing
      check his twitter profile.. solid fight still rooting for Canelo
      ???????
      That's not announcing a fight.... that's stating his intention.... nice getting everybody riled up.... get ready for Quintana

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        If it ends up being Bundrage then I don't know why any one would complain. As long as it's not Quintana or some other non-top 10 fighter, i'm okay with it. I don't know why people are being picky given the circumstances[Williams, Kirkland, Ortiz all dropping out for one reason or the other].
        I think the majority, including myself, are saying that they've seen K-9 in action on the big stage and he's failed miserably. I mean losses to Grady Brewer, Powell, Julio and Forbes for starters.

At this point in Canelo's career, everyone knows he most likely can defeat mid-level opposition. What the people want is for him to fight the "Top" fighters in the division. Unfortunately, not all the top fighters in the division have belts.

IMO, Canelo has only attempted to fight one guy who is in the top 3 at 154 which is Kirkland; an injured Kirkland that is. Not the Kirkland that was a mandatory after destroying Angulo. Williams was an upgrade from Canelo's previous opponents, but he wasn't in the top of the division. He was one fight removed from people asking for his retirement. He was probably in the lower tier of the division.

I think this is what people are getting at when they laugh at opponents like K-9 and Quintana.
        Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 07-02-2012, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
          I think the majority, including myself, are saying that they've seen K-9 in action on the big stage and he's failed miserably. I mean losses to Grady Brewer, Powell, Julio and Forbes for starters.
          I could tell from his last fight that a Canelo fight wouldn't be competitive

Comment

Working...
          X