Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does Jean Pascal measure up to Roy Jones?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does Jean Pascal measure up to Roy Jones?

We all know that Jean Pascal has emulated Roy Jones style-wise.

The question is, on a scale of 1-10, how close is Pascal to Jones, speed-wise, talent-wise and ring generalship-wise?

I give Pascal an 8.4 on the the Roy Jones scale.

6 maybe 7 ...

Comment

He doesn't measure up, at all.

He's nowhere near as fast, he get's hit far too often, he gasses in every fight, he should have lost to a 46 year old B-Hop while in his prime (not too bad, but still), he relies on single big shots and can't throw good combo's - I could do this for a while to be honest.

The highest I'm willing to give him in comparison to Roy Jones is a 2/10.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
        He doesn't measure up, at all.

He's nowhere near as fast, he get's hit far too often, he gasses in every fight, he should have lost to a 46 year old B-Hop while in his prime (not too bad, but still), he relies on single big shots and can't throw good combo's - I could do this for a while to be honest.

The highest I'm willing to give him in comparison to Roy Jones is a 2/10.
        2/10?

That's a little harsh?

If he was a 2 he could not compete with world class fighters at all.

Froch? Diaconu? Dawson? Hopkins?

Comment

Speed: Roy Jones
          Power: Roy Jones
          Combinations: Roy Jones
          Defence: Roy Jones
          Jab: Roy Jones
          Left Hook: Roy Jones
          Movement: Roy Jones
          Ring-Generalship: Roy Jones
          Intangibles: Roy Jones
          Chin: Pascal

What I'm trying to state is that Pascal is a cheaper version of the prototype and as much as he emulates Roy in the ring, he just doesn't possess the physical attributes to be worthy of recognition alongside Roy.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddy Brenner View Post
            2/10?

That's a little harsh?

If he was a 2 he could not compete with world class fighters at all.

Froch? Diaconu? Dawson? Hopkins?
            I'm not saying he's a 2/10 fighter.

I'm saying when you're comparing him to Roy Jones he doesn't match up to him style wise. Pascal is absolutely a good fighter, but despite trying to be like Roy, he isn't. As an overall fighter he's clearly world level, but how similar is he to Roy in terms of style? 2/10.

Speed, power, skill, combo's, defence etc - he's nothing like Roy.

Comment

@ Pascal being measured to Roy....no way!!!

Comment

Dude's a 1 at best compared to Roy.

Comment

When it comes to pure talent like speed etc. he doesn't have what Roy Jones has.

But when it comes to sheer balls and the willingness to fight anyone they put in front of him, Pascal is head an shoulders above Roy Jones. Roy wasted years away fighting nobodies. Pascal will fight anyone they put in front of him and won't take years haggling about it (i.e. Jones-Hopkins II)

This is why I prefer to see Pascal fight over Roy Jones any day of the week.

Comment

Show me a Pascal fight where he fought like Roy Jones. I really want to see that!

Comment

Working...
                    X