Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking News: Pacquiao OK With the March 13 DATE!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking News: Pacquiao OK With the March 13 DATE!

Pacquiao, 'OK' na sa March 13 fight kay Mayweather - Arum
    12/4/2009 4:23:17 PM

Napapayag na umano ni Top Rank promoter Bob Arum si Filipino pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao sa mga kondisyon kaugnay sa nilulutong laban nito kay No.2 boxer Floyd Maywether, Jr.

Matapos ang ginawang pag-uusap ng dalawa sa isang hotel sa Makati ngayong hapon, inihayag ni Arum na okay na para kay Manny ang working date ng laban sa March 13, 2010, para bigyang konsiderasyon ang paghahanda naman ng WBO welterweight champion sa May 2010 elections.

Ngayong hapon din ay nakatakdang bumalik ng Las Vegas si Arum para naman ipaalam sa kampo ni Mayweather at Golden Boy Promotions ang resulta ng pag-uusap nila ni Manny.

Nakatakda namang magkakaroon ng formal announcement si Arum hinggil sa iba pang detalye ng Pacquiao vs Mayweather mega-fight sa December 8, kasabay ng kaniyang kaarawan.

Translation: Arum said that Pac was OK with the March 13 date and also with all the conditions that was presented by Arum. This evening Arum will leave from Manila going to Vegas to let Mayweather and Golden Boy Promotions the results of their talk.

Arum will also have announcements regarding the details of Pac vs Mayweather this December 8.

http://www.bomboradyo.com/sports.asp?ID=121719

Arum gives a 'smile' on Pacman-Mayweather bout

MANILA -- Top Rank promoter Bob Arum said he expects to make a formal announcement about the negotiations for the Manny Pacquiao-Floyd Mayweather Jr. fight early next week.

“I met with Manny this morning… it was positive,” Arum said during the announcement of a tie up between Top Rank and ABS-CBN Broadcasting network Friday afternoon.

“You guys can interpret that anyway you want,” said Arum. “But you see a smile on my face so I'm not disappointed [with the Pacquiao meeting].”

The seasoned promoter said he will be leaving for the US on Sunday so that he can finalize all the arrangements with Mayweather’s camp to finally seal the deal and announce the mega-fight.

“Now my job is to go back to the United States, sit with Richard Schaefer (CEO of Golden Boy Promotions) and the Mayweather people… so that we can make an announcement in a short term,” said Arum.

“My goal is that we can make a preliminary announcement sometime next week,” he added.

Mum on details

When asked about the details of his meeting with Pacquiao, Arum said he has an agreement with the Mayweather camp that they won’t discuss details to the media “until we're ready to make an announcement.”

Arum said they plan to hold the fight on March 13.

Mayweather has reportedly acceded to terms for a welterweight title fight with the Filipino superstar at 147 lbs.

Fight fans are clamoring for a Pacquiao-Mayweather fight to settle who among both boxers should rightfully be called the pound-for-pound king.

Mayweather, who won six boxing titles in five weight classes, was the best pound-for-pound fighter until he “temporarily retired from the sport in June 2008.

Pacquiao, then the No. 2 pound-for-pound, succeeded Mayweather’s throne en route to winning his seventh world title in seven weight divisions last month.

http://abs-cbnnews.com/sports/12/04/...ayweather-bout
    Last edited by MakeDamnSure; 12-04-2009, 05:57 AM.

wait, teka...you mean the ducker didn't duck?!?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
      wait, teka...you mean the ducker didn't duck?!?!?!?
      Cos he never was a ducker to begin with!

Comment

if manny gets his ass beat...i don't wanna hear anyone say he didn't have enough time to prepare...or it was because of his crippled ear...or any of that ****...

Comment

RIP Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by screwhead1 View Post
            if manny gets his ass beat...i don't wanna hear anyone say he didn't have enough time to prepare...or it was because of his crippled ear...or any of that ****...

12k that Pac beats Mayweather?

Comment

Floyd will get KTFO Brutally..Trust me David Diaz will be more competitive than Mayweather and I told everyone about that even before Pac fought DLH, Hatton and Cotto

Comment

well, if floyd was a real warrior, he woulda gave the man time to heal...kinda wacked to be fresh off a 2 year rest then shortchange time for a guy who just fought Cotto

Comment

Comment

bomboradyo

Comment

Working...
                    X