Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tomasz Adamek-Michael Grant is in The Works

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have preferred Adamek to fight Tony Thompson to prepare for the Klitsckos. Tony is 6'5", a good boxer with a good record, and will provide better competition than Michael Grant.

Comment

If a limited fighter like Dominque Guinn schooled Grant several years ago, why is Adamek fighting him. He already got his gimme against Golota and now it's time to step up and fight another real contender (if you consider Areolla a contender)...

Comment

They love akamek in nj and getting fights at heavy aint easy
        so a keep busy safe fight is a great just dont think blown up
        light heavys have safe fights @ heavy weight one punch changes
        things in a hurry adamek is brave could sit back off the win on hbo & wait for big $$$ give him credit he is keeping it real

Comment

Grant is on an 8 fight win streak. But it's been against spotty comp at best. Don't see him beating Adamek, but it'd be a crazy upset.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd R View Post
            I would have preferred Adamek to fight Tony Thompson to prepare for the Klitsckos. Tony is 6'5", a good boxer with a good record, and will provide better competition than Michael Grant.
            Problem is, I don't see that as a tune-up, which is clearly what Adamek is looking for.

Thompson presents challenges, and had some legitimate success against Wlad. He was going to the body and landed some good shots. Thompson would be a strong underdog IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by dans View Post
              Problem is, I don't see that as a tune-up, which is clearly what Adamek is looking for.

Thompson presents challenges, and had some legitimate success against Wlad. He was going to the body and landed some good shots. Thompson would be a strong underdog IMO.
              Thompson doesn't have much name and is quite dangerous, which is why nobody wants to fight him, though he's called several people out.

Comment

Originally posted by Soir View Post
                ^^^This!

This sucks because I think Haye Adamek woulve been a great match for both fighters. They need each other to make themselves better. Grant is an old Dinosaur from previous era. Literally.

I agree but there is no way Haye would fight Adamek unless it was mandatory. Adamek is much too dangerous and Haye would earn more fighting a Klitschko, but Haye wont do that untill they are a thousand years old. So Haye will just fight Valuev the dinosaur and your monte barretts of the world untill then.
                But wouldnt it be amazing if Valuev beat him this time?!

I said it before but I think Adamek is entitled to take an easier fight, he's fought 6 times in 18 months. Thats about twice as much as any other top boxer so why shouldnt he? And still he's not took a Monte Barrett.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney! View Post
                  The manager for heavyweight Tomasz Adamek says a deal is close to fight heavyweight title challenger Michael Grant. Ziggy Rozalski told thenews.pl that Adamek-Grant is 98% close to done for either August or September in Atlantic City or Newark. [Click Here To Read More]
                  I watched Grant fight on FNF about a week or so ago and he looked like @$$!!! Ademek will knock him out. Terrible fight for both fighters, as Ademek would gain nothing for the fight, yet if he loses it'd really hurt his chances with a big payday. On the other hand Grant who is really shook to let his hands go, if he manages to get a "W" it'd propel him back into the spotlight. Either way, I won't be tuning in.

Comment

Adamek just wants to get used to fighting a tall opponent, because he has his sights on the Klitschkos.

Grant is the same height as Vitali and 1" taller than Wladimir.

Thompson is a very good, underrated fighter and would be an unnecessary risk for him at this point.

Comment

Working...
                    X