No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: Referee's Actions, Stoppage Are Not My Fault

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
    There was no early stoppage. Some of you guys aren't happy until a guy is dead.

When yourebent over and not even protecting your face while punches are raining down, the fight is over. If you wanna get technical, if you turn your back, the ref is well within his rights to stop the fight.

How many times did kovalev turn his back?

If Weeks wasn't so merciful, Kovalev would have left on a stretcher
    I agree. I rewatched the fight today. Kovalev bent over and gave himself up three times due to punches that weren't low. He also turned his back on Ward and gave himself up twice. Which I've seen referees rule TKOs in that situation several times. The ref is the closest spectator to the action. For eight rounds, he had a front row seat to every debilitating body shot Kovalev took. He heard every groan. He saw Kovalev give himself up on several occasions. He saw Kovalev crying about legal punches. He saw Ward send Kovalev's brain into orbit with that right hand. And he saw Kovalev double over, giving himself up yet again, and sit on the middle rope after a legal shot. Then make no effort to protect himself or fight back while Ward landed the final two shots which were low. Kovalev gave every indication throughout the fight that he couldn't deal with the physicality of what Ward was bringing. And when you have a guy that's looked like he was ready to quit from about the third or fourth round on. I can easily see why Weeks maybe jumped the gun and waved it off a little early. Everyone is b1tching about the final two blows the Ward landed, which were low. The correct refereeing move would have been to rule Kovalev down after the first one landed, which was legal. Because was clearly behind held up by the ropes. Had Weeks done that, the final two would have never landes. Because its not like Ward was throwing a rapid fire combination. He basically wound up and swung as hard as he could. So Weeks could have easily stepped in and ruled Kovalev down.

Comment

It was ward's fault. He asked ref to stop fight and the ref stopped it at ward's request.
      Ref should have warned kovalev if he didn't buck up ideas he'd stop it

Comment

There was no early stoppage. Some of you guys aren't happy until a guy is dead.

When yourebent over and not even protecting your face while punches are raining down, the fight is over. If you wanna get technical, if you turn your back, the ref is well within his rights to stop the fight.

How many times did kovalev turn his back?

If Weeks wasn't so merciful, Kovalev would have left on a stretcher
        No early stoppage? When is the last time you've seen a ref stop a fight because a guy was getting low blowed and rule it a TKO?

As a matter of fact, I dont think I've ever seen a fight stopped on body punching where the fighter didnt go down.

Everyone can go back and forth about whether those shots were low or not. What cannot be disputed is the fact that Tony Weeks stopped that fight way too early.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          but floyd got protection at some point and ref had word with maidana. Watch matty clarkson v travis dickinson fight
          in the first fight maidana got away with 4 low blows that were worse than what ward did.... Maidana landed wayyy lower than ward and never lost any points..... Tony weeks is just a bad and lazy ref... He is always in the wrong position to call low blows ..... I notice it every fight he refs....

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
            whats your new avatar gonna have "leprechaun gimp mcgaygor is a young hungry lion" you should be put to sleep for being this much of a useless gimp:*******:
            awww snowflake save your tears for another time

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
              if it isn't jason shaw gimp troll posting over & over his profession of how gay he is for gayweather,all your here to do is svck daddy floydies taint,maidana whooped floydies azz & floydie had to hire uncle kenny mayweather to cheat in 2nd fight as always. Gimp :*******:
              awwwww mr cuckservative snowflake is crying because facts hurt his little brain.... Its ok buddy you will be ok... Go suck mommy duvas nips

Comment

Originally posted by BOXINGADICT View Post
                awwwww mr cuckservative snowflake is crying because facts hurt his little brain.... Its ok buddy you will be ok... Go suck mommy duvas nips
                Your such a gimp flômo that you assume anyone who laughs at gimpweather hates ward,despite my ****n sig laughing at kovalev from day 1,try again,this time take the flóydie dîk out your ear,its rotting your hollowhead.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                  No early stoppage? When is the last time you've seen a ref stop a fight because a guy was getting low blowed and rule it a TKO?

As a matter of fact, I dont think I've ever seen a fight stopped on body punching where the fighter didnt go down.

Everyone can go back and forth about whether those shots were low or not. What cannot be disputed is the fact that Tony Weeks stopped that fight way too early.
                  1. The punches weren't low. How many times does Weeks have to tell you they're not low in order for you to understand they're not low?

2. What don't you understand about the fact that if you're not defending yourself while punches are raining down on you, that the fight should be stopped? Kovalev couldn't even cover his face. It was like an episode from Family Matters when Irkel got punched in the stomach by a bully and just bent over with no impulse to fire back or protect himself.

3. Why do you want to see Kovalev concussed or seriously hurt before you can declare the fight over? I'll tell you why. Because all you see is the black guy vs the white guy. As long as the black guy wins you will forever be outraged. You don't care about the white guy's health more than you do the mere fact that the black guy won. No wonder why after Pacquiao loss to Mayweather, many of you Pac fans abandoned Pacquiao. It's because it's not about the individual figher, nor has it ever been with you guys. It's about what that fighter symbolizes while going against the black guy. Once they lose, you guys throw them away and move on to the next. I've watched this script get played out so many times over and over.

4. I specifically told you December of last year that Ward would KO Kovalev. I also told you that you guys would come up with excuses after he did it. Thanks to you and your buds for proving me right.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                    Early stoppage? Probably

But Kovalev did himself no favors by bending over and not throwing back
                    Correct.

The stoppage was not Ward's fault or decision, that's the ref's job and he called it.

Comment

1. The punches weren't low. How many times does Weeks have to tell you they're not low in order for you to understand they're not low?

2. What don't you understand about the fact that if you're not defending yourself while punches are raining down on you, that the fight should be stopped? Kovalev couldn't even cover his face. It was like an episode from Family Matters when Irkel got punched in the stomach by a bully and just bent over with no impulse to fire back or protect himself.

3. Why do you want to see Kovalev concussed or seriously hurt before you can declare the fight over? I'll tell you why. Because all you see is the black guy vs the white guy. As long as the black guy wins you will forever be outraged. You don't care about the white guy's health more than you do the mere fact that the black guy won. No wonder why after Pacquiao loss to Mayweather, many of you Pac fans abandoned Pacquiao. It's because it's not about the individual figher, nor has it ever been with you guys. It's about what that fighter symbolizes while going against the black guy. Once they lose, you guys throw them away and move on to the next. I've watched this script get played out so many times over and over.

4. I specifically told you December of last year that Ward would KO Kovalev. I also told you that you guys would come up with excuses after he did it. Thanks to you and your buds for proving me right.

Although what your saying is true with many clowns & the fighters they support, when it comes to mayweather its a different story, hating that pos has never been about race for majority of peeps,I shouldn't have to explain why hes a detestable piece of shît.

Comment

Working...
                      X