• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
    Beercules

I guess he didn't want no more tacos

remember the link I sent you haha
    this what I'm talkin about:

Comment

Surprise surprise, a fighter who claims retirement only to continue fighting.

It does shake things up a bit though to see him part ways with RGBA, but I honestly don't think it will make any difference, Rios is finished.

Comment

Originally posted by JD88 View Post
        I think Garcia was was kind of arrogant, by saying, Rios made millions with me let your father make a few bucks!!!! to me was been arrogant..
        Originally posted by AddiX View Post
        Yeah I didn't like that either.
        He was just making it clear that he wasn't bothered by the financial loss of one of his biggest fighters training with someone else. No arrogance.

Remember, Garcia is the sole reason Brandon Rios became a professional fighter and made any money at all in his career. He wasn't going to go pro, but Robert brought him out to California and let Brandon live with him until he got his career going. So naturally him leaving is a little more sensitive situation than the usual fighter coming and going.

Comment

Rios and Roach combo revives Rios career, and Robert Garcia disowns him like he did to his brother Danny Garcia for training Victor Ortiz.

Comment

This is a good start for Rios, but he really needs to go back to basics and complete the 2nd grade.

Comment

Great to see, Brandon in shape can fight, he need to take his craft seriously and he can make some big fights at 147. Good to see him moving on and things with Garcia are sweet. An in shape Rios is dangerous.

Comment

Good move by Brandon. Hopefully he comes in more focused and in better shape in his next fight!

Comment

Originally posted by sanluisjerzy View Post
                  It's clear as day that what Rios lacks is discipline. My sense is that Garcia's gym is just one chilled out party, and they tolerated bad habits out of friendship. Rios needs someone that will torture him back into winning.
                  This right here, that friendship is what did Rios in. Everyone got way too comfortable and Robert isnt the type of trainer that babysits you, you either do the work or you dont, you either take care of yourself or you dont (diet,healthwise) and Rios never took care of himself. He would hire a fancy chef for fight camp but that doesnt mean shit when you show up to fight camp 40-50 pounds overweight.

A new setup where it wont be that easy to say "fuck that" and laugh it off would do good for RIOS.

War Rios.

and those reading way too much into Garcia comments, trust me its read worse then it actually sounds. Garcia and Rios are real cool with other. Rios wasnt bothered by it neither shall you guys be.
                  Last edited by .!WAR MIKEY!.; 01-26-2016, 06:28 PM.

Comment

interesting didnt see this coming. but how good of a trainer is rios' dad??

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                      He was just making it clear that he wasn't bothered by the financial loss of one of his biggest fighters training with someone else. No arrogance.

Remember, Garcia is the sole reason Brandon Rios became a professional fighter and made any money at all in his career. He wasn't going to go pro, but Robert brought him out to California and let Brandon live with him until he got his career going. So naturally him leaving is a little more sensitive situation than the usual fighter coming and going.
                      The way Garcia said, "his dad can make a few dollars" was clearly a underhand comment.

But I agree these kinds of splits are sensitive to both the fighter and trainer.

But in all seriousness, Rios took those beatings, NOT Garcia.

One beating after another rios took under Garcia's watch. I don't care if Garcia helped him into this sport, he needs to show his fighter who made him so much $ more respect.

Comment

Working...
                      X