Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious boxing thread - why did Joshua look so bad last night?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crap endurance & no heart

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndroundko View Post
      joshua hasnt been the same since the klitschko fight. he looked terrible against takam and was weaking down the stretch. the parker performance was bad. both of them fought scared. and povetkin was shot to sh--.

his suspect chin and lack of stamina were exposed last night. what we learned is that mentally he's not as strong as we originally thought.
      Nice good analysis thanks man - do you think that war with Wlad took something out of him? Or is he just fat and happy now after getting that win.

Comment

Joshua to me hasn't fought with the same confidence since the 6th round with Klitchsko. Even though he won the battle, I don't think he won the "war". He has been somewhat reluctant to commit or engage, and has struggled since beating Waldmir.

Comment

Didn’t take Ruiz seriously and never recovered from the first hard punch that out him down in the 3rd. It happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
            Nice good analysis thanks man - do you think that war with Wlad took something out of him? Or is he just fat and happy now after getting that win.
            i dont think it took something out of him. but it definitely made him more careful. maybe we misread what we saw. cuz he was weak for about 2-3 more rounds after Klitschko dropped him. it took forever for him to recover. klitschko dropped the ball. if manny was in his corner, that would have never happened.

joshua knows his chin and stamina arent the greatest. he's too wrapped up in his damn image, smiling and sh-- while struggling to get up. dude, focus. it's like he wants to look the part always. but sometimes u gotta bring that dog out and i think he's too careful to do that these days.

Comment

Originally posted by javaboxing View Post
              Joshua to me hasn't fought with the same confidence since the 6th round with Klitchsko. Even though he won the battle, I don't think he won the "war". He has been somewhat reluctant to commit or engage, and has struggled since beating Waldmir.
              i dont think it took something out of him. but it definitely made him more careful. maybe we misread what we saw. cuz he was weak for about 2-3 more rounds after Klitschko dropped him. it took forever for him to recover. klitschko dropped the ball. if manny was in his corner, that would have never happened.

joshua knows his chin and stamina arent the greatest. he's too wrapped up in his damn image, smiling and sh-- while struggling to get up. dude, focus. it's like he wants to look the part always. but sometimes u gotta bring that dog out and i think he's too careful to do that these days.
              Thanks guys - good posts. I think the bolded parts make a lot of sense.

Comment

he fought a guy who did not allow him to sit back and fight at his own pace

Comment

Originally posted by JJRod View Post
                  Didn’t take Ruiz seriously and never recovered from the first hard punch that out him down in the 3rd. It happens.

AJ's uppercut on Wlad late in that fight was one of the best punches I have ever seen, considering the circumstances.

But his punch resistance, and ability to recover are just so bad for a guy in that great shape. I know the muscles can work against you there but I would never imagine a guy in that good of shape would be that bad in those 2 areas. Crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.365 View Post
                    Crap endurance & no heart
                    Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                    he fought a guy who did not allow him to sit back and fight at his own pace
                    Can't argue with any of that either, good points.

Comment

I think I pinpointed it to the fact that the temple shot caused him to lose more than just his equilibrium, it sapped his confidence. It was like a switch was flipped and he was overwhelmed with self-doubt which you could see in his eyes from that point on.

Perhaps he had a flashback where in a fight or sparring an opponent landed that punch and he was affected for some time by that punch and knew he was not going to recover quickly this time either.

Add to that the shock that he was now being hurt by a guy that he would never have had a single doubt about beating leading up to the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X