Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 06-25-2019, 11:32 PM #11
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4551 Post(s)
OnePunch has a reputation beyond reputeOnePunch has a reputation beyond reputeOnePunch has a reputation beyond reputeOnePunch has a reputation beyond reputeOnePunch has a reputation beyond reputeOnePunch has a reputation beyond reputeOnePunch has a reputation beyond reputeOnePunch has a reputation beyond reputeOnePunch has a reputation beyond reputeOnePunch has a reputation beyond reputeOnePunch has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,679,832.37
Total Points: 1,718,890.18
Nate "Galaxxy Warrior" Campbell - DWiens421 One Punch Productions Stand Up! - LoadedWraps here's one for nate campbell doe - Omowale Tribe 

This isnt MMA. A fight shouldnt get stopped every time someone is wobbled.......
OnePunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 11:38 PM #12
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Loque-san has a reputation beyond reputeLoque-san has a reputation beyond reputeLoque-san has a reputation beyond reputeLoque-san has a reputation beyond reputeLoque-san has a reputation beyond reputeLoque-san has a reputation beyond reputeLoque-san has a reputation beyond reputeLoque-san has a reputation beyond reputeLoque-san has a reputation beyond reputeLoque-san has a reputation beyond reputeLoque-san has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,505.28
Total Points: 20,549.61

The chances of such a protest being successful are slim to none. Russell Mora had a decision to make, he thought Ceja was badly hurt and stopped the fight. It's a judgement call. There is no glaring mistake, like a knockout from a punch behind the head or after the bell. I thought it was a bad stoppage and if I was in Ceja's shoes I would be mad, but overuling Mora's decision would undermine the referee's function and set a bad precedent that would lead many other fighters to file protests every time they feel they have been on the wrong end of a premature stoppage.

The conspiracy theories are hilarious though. So the fight was fixed, but instead of simply having the judges rob Ceja - the good old method - they decide to take chances for fun and hope that Rigondeaux drops Ceja hard enough to give the ref an excuse to stop it. If Ceja doesn't get dropped, the plan goes out the window lol.
Loque-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 11:46 PM #13
Neither savage nor wise.

Quoted: 5398 Post(s)
Pigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,432.04
Total Points: 47,935.37
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
Good!

Maybe this will reverse the trend of fights being stopped too early. Refs need to get back to letting things reach a clear conclusion.

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
Pigeons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 11:52 PM #14
Hittin' the heavy bag.

Quoted: 13740 Post(s)
Redd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,016,507.17
Total Points: 1,075,360.74
Buy another heavy bag, dog. - punchr Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. No Message - stephenmc Cheers to a great poster - Sergey Kovalev Even though I often disagree with you, I still enjoy reading your posts.  Here's a beer. - j0zef 
sit on this, man. it will relax you. best wishes, punchr - punchr No Message - Scott. Weiland Great post, man. - anthonydavid11 Red's all about quality! - BoxingFan85 No Message - Scott. Weiland 
Peace out, brother, I was just clowning around. - !! Anorak Happy Easter and sh*t. - DionysusX Cheers! - anthonydavid11 One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder LOL - Tony Trick-Pony 
Because you're cool - jaded "no more than 3 replies" dumbass ) - Ogecca MaMa since you think negative of others. f*ck yourself with it - Ogecca MaMa Block this you queer. - denium Stay classy , my friend! - Tony Trick-Pony 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Ogecca MaMa Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa 

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfios View Post
He didn't respond right
Incorrect. He promptly and correctly responded to every instruction given. Looked the ref in the eyes. Did not wobble while being checked by the ref.

I'm the first guy to speak up for safety but this was bizarre. The only people defending it are people defending Rigo. This has nothing to do with him.
When he happens to a fighter people like, everyone claims bias, hometown, etc, etc. That's why it needs attention drawn to it.
Redd Foxx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 11:57 PM #15
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3311 Post(s)
DuckAdonis has a reputation beyond reputeDuckAdonis has a reputation beyond reputeDuckAdonis has a reputation beyond reputeDuckAdonis has a reputation beyond reputeDuckAdonis has a reputation beyond reputeDuckAdonis has a reputation beyond reputeDuckAdonis has a reputation beyond reputeDuckAdonis has a reputation beyond reputeDuckAdonis has a reputation beyond reputeDuckAdonis has a reputation beyond reputeDuckAdonis has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,134.23
Total Points: 182,210.52
I'm proud to be the first to pop your ignorance cherry - Boxing Goat Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
Good!

Maybe this will reverse the trend of fights being stopped too early. Refs need to get back to letting things reach a clear conclusion.
Yes. Like Wilder Vs Fury. With this ref we wouldn't have seen the epic comeback from that KD
DuckAdonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 12:23 AM #16
Ignore List Champion

Quoted: 21376 Post(s)
Eff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,021,938.00
Total Points: 1,025,523.13
No Message - Santa_ Burger Exchange - cheeseburger good poster - jas One of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 You Dont Have Enough Gifts - JimRaynor 
Always keep it real - Nomadic great contest! - TBear One kf - jas One of bscenes best - jas sensible, reasonable poster. 5 star - jazluvr 
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder you are one cool dude - Dean_Razorback 

I haven't overanalyzed the stoppage or anything but he seemed like he wasn't all the way there to me & honestly I had no issue with the stoppage personnally.

That said I've seen more guys sent back into action like he was vs refs that called it + at this level & in a competitive fight so I think the standard & expectation with most boxing fans is to error with letting it go on. He's not some top 100 prospect whos overwhelmed in deep waters for the first time or some guy who hadn't won a round yet & had no real hope to win.
Eff Pandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 01:08 AM #17
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2530 Post(s)
PunchyPotorff has a reputation beyond reputePunchyPotorff has a reputation beyond reputePunchyPotorff has a reputation beyond reputePunchyPotorff has a reputation beyond reputePunchyPotorff has a reputation beyond reputePunchyPotorff has a reputation beyond reputePunchyPotorff has a reputation beyond reputePunchyPotorff has a reputation beyond reputePunchyPotorff has a reputation beyond reputePunchyPotorff has a reputation beyond reputePunchyPotorff has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,362.37
Total Points: 37,544.48

Ceja has a good case IMO. Anyone who objectively watches boxing knows Mora is a shiiii excuse for a ref. This behavior has went on for years.

Yes, that was a he!!uva punch... but it certainly was a close fight, with both fighters landing bombs. And I believe Rigo was losing on the cards. And the round was nearly over. If the fight would've went into the next rounds, we could've seen whether Ceja was really himself or if he was really done.

And this coming from a Rigo fan. As it is now, there's going to be grumblings from fans who thought he got a gift of a fast stoppage.

Yes, this was a massive punch, but it certainly wasn't a Lemieux/O'Sullivan bomb.
PunchyPotorff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 02:09 AM #18
The Jake of All Trades

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
JakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,214.72
Total Points: 11,324.51
Send a message via AIM to JakeNDaBox Send a message via Yahoo to JakeNDaBox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jab jab boom View Post
If you don't want the fight to get stopped, avoid getting violently splattered on the floor. That wasn't even the worst stoppage of the weekend. Get over it.
I agree on the latter part, Soto-Acosta stoppage was far worse - which is a shame because it was done so by a far better referee.
JakeNDaBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 02:24 AM #19
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3750 Post(s)
Mexican_Puppet is infamous around these partsMexican_Puppet is infamous around these partsMexican_Puppet is infamous around these partsMexican_Puppet is infamous around these partsMexican_Puppet is infamous around these partsMexican_Puppet is infamous around these partsMexican_Puppet is infamous around these partsMexican_Puppet is infamous around these partsMexican_Puppet is infamous around these partsMexican_Puppet is infamous around these partsMexican_Puppet is infamous around these parts
Bank: 1,245.39
Total Points: 65,919.79
Mexican_Puppet knows boxing! - LoadedWraps 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
I agree on the latter part, Soto-Acosta stoppage was far worse - which is a shame because it was done so by a far better referee.
It was not.

Acosta was iced and paralyzed, look his eyes.

And Soto had 2:40 seconds to punish Acosta ...

I thinks this stoppage was bad but Ceja is shot, he took much punishment in both fights vs Ruiz, Terán and Manzanilla.

And Ranel Suco broke his jaw in 2015...
Mexican_Puppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 02:33 AM #20
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 822 Post(s)
Scopedog has a reputation beyond reputeScopedog has a reputation beyond reputeScopedog has a reputation beyond reputeScopedog has a reputation beyond reputeScopedog has a reputation beyond reputeScopedog has a reputation beyond reputeScopedog has a reputation beyond reputeScopedog has a reputation beyond reputeScopedog has a reputation beyond reputeScopedog has a reputation beyond reputeScopedog has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,403.76
Total Points: 25,678.14
Excellent post, brother.  Spot on. - Tony Trick-Pony Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony 

I don't think it was a good stoppage at all but there's basically no point in filing an appeal like this. When has a result ever been overturned as a result of an appeal? Never, at least as far as I know.
Scopedog is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends