No announcement yet.

Boxing decisions that changed the course of history

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TrueBox View Post
    Who’s complaining, hoe? You must be the dumbest hoe in your neighborhood. No doubt about it.

I’m a boxing fan first and a Pacquiao fan second. So calm your **** down.

Juanita the sore loser is better than Pac? Yeah sure. I mean If he really was then he wouldn’t have needed 4 tries to get the official “W” over Pac but hey...whatever makes you sleep at night.

Now please, let others have their opinion on “coulda woulda shoulda” freely.

🖕u right back, you hoe

You punk ass child molester!
    Yeah biitch you complaining like a straight hoodrat! You brought it up so what do you call that you stupid dumb motherfuccer???
    You the only hoe complaining about them fighting 4 times!
    And yes Marquez is better than Pacquiao!
    First one a draw, second fight Pacquiao won, third fight Marquez clearly got robbed, and fourth time Pacquiao got put to sleep! Yes Pacquiao has Marquez problems! 🤣
    Overall Pacquiao had a better career.
    Better wins, better resume, and he'll go down as an ATG. No doubt about that.
    But he just couldn't Fucc with Marquez. Pacquiao is Marquez's own personal biitch! Marquez owns Pacquiao!
    Believe that biitch!
    And I own you! You're my biitch!
    So bow down to me biitch!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
      He beat Chavez sr.. I’m my opinion.

I’m still hurt by Chavez vs Taylor 1.. meldrick had too much philly heart, , Steele fffed him outta a win. That fight ruined meldrick..
      Yea that fight is kinda effed to me to this day cuz of how things turned out. I often wonder if the fact Meldrick put so much into that night & still took a L & probably a L he shouldn't have taken if Richard Steele wasn't in Don King's pocket is the thing that ruined him & maybe if he'd have gotten the W he deserved maybe he gains some strength off of that performance vs never seeming the same after that night ever again. This sport is so brutal on its worse nights thats doubtful I bet, but it'd been cooler to see him get the W & at least have gotten his moment even if his career after that fight more or less worked out the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
        DelaHoya / Sturm .
        This obvious robbery IMO gave Oscar a false sense of hope that he could hang with the Elite Middleweights . Set him up to get KO'd by Hopkins and DelaHoyas career was pretty much down hill after that loss .
        While Hopkins went on to be looked on as one of the best MW's of his era and got some mainstream appeal due to that win . Oscars only good win after that was against a faded Mayorga . Some would even say Stevie Forbes shoulda got the nod when he fought Oscar .
        Also outta that fight came the relationship between DelaHoya and Hopkins to get Goldenboy promotions started . Which has boxings Only superstar in Canelo Alvarez.
        De la Hoya didn’t expect to win against Hopkins. Did you see that fight. It was the dive of the century. The fix was in. Hopkins was to beat the great hoeya and then they would unite to create golden boy. Guess who’s first client of golden boy was. Hopkins Yea it was that obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
          If Castillo had gotten the decision VS Floyd, he'd probably be in the HOF.
          And Floyd would not have made any where the the amount of money he did.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            All of Sweet Pea's marks on his record up til the Tito L. Guy should be waaaaaaay bigger then he was. He got jobbed by Jose Luis Ramirez. He got jobbed by JCC. He got jobbed by Oscar. Sweet Pea shoulda retired with a 43-2 record & been 43-0 til he dropped his last two fights, not a 40-4-1 record.
            I loved sweet pea. Dude was one the slickest boxers ever in my opinion.

Comment

Ali amd Maywesther were recipients of gift decisions that paved the way for their success. Ali got gifts over Doug Jones early on and later Frazier II, Norton at least once arguably twice, Young, Shavers, Chuvalo II. Floyd got gifts over Castillo I, Oscar, and Maidana I. Had Castillo been awarded the win he deserved, that would have changed the course of Floyd’s career and without that zero in the loss column it may have cost him PPV dollars later on. He might even have taken more risks later on without having to worry about risking his undefeated record. Though I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
                malignaggi loosing a decision to lobov. irreparabel damage for boxing. lol
                Lol. I didn’t see that crap. Please tell me logic wasn’t a mma fighter. Or the like.

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
                  Castillo-mayweather. A clear robbery. If the judges didn't gave floyd a gift win he probably fight every top fighter in his prime and didn't think of retiring temporarily just to avoid the threat because he don't have anything to preseved/protect.
                  Da truff

Great fighter but he should be embarrassed of that bootleg retirement to avoid Cotto et al.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Yea that fight is kinda effed to me to this day cuz of how things turned out. I often wonder if the fact Meldrick put so much into that night & still took a L & probably a L he shouldn't have taken if Richard Steele wasn't in Don King's pocket is the thing that ruined him & maybe if he'd have gotten the W he deserved maybe he gains some strength off of that performance vs never seeming the same after that night ever again. This sport is so brutal on its worse nights thats doubtful I bet, but it'd been cooler to see him get the W & at least have gotten his moment even if his career after that fight more or less worked out the same way.
                    Shalom brother, I get sick to my stomach watching that fight, yeah, Steele is/was owned by king. I respect king cuz he’s a killa, Ohio player right?

I got love for Taylor, I like the way Duva exploded with rage and anger.

It’s boxing, anything can happen. Sweet pea beat Chavez... keeping it real bro. I made a bit of money on Ruiz, the odds made me bet, I won a lot less on Ioka, I’m staying away from Thurman vs pac...I’m betting Norito gets stopped in 10.

I enjoy our interactions... shalom.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
                      And Floyd would not have made any where the the amount of money he did.
                      I disagree with this.

I think boxing fans overrate Floyd's 0 to Floyd more than Floyd woulda lived & died on his 0. I think Floyd just knew how to control his narrative & the 0 story was a good story to get some hate & attention. And if he'd have taken an L to JLC or anyone else the whole "Floyd Project" doesn't crumble into nothingness. He just pivots the narrative.

I mean most of the reason fans hated him & came to see him lose was because of his persona not his 0. People still coming to Broner fights more than they should to watch him lose & I legit gotta boxrec Broner to recall how many L's he gots these days. Think its 5 or some sh^t off the top of my head. So if Floyd had lost the hate for Floyd woulda still been there & fans wouldn't have dried up cuz he lost.

I guess not unlike Broner if Floyd had continue to take L's his Q score would diminish like Broner's has, but on the level Floyd was on I don't think it dries up quite as much as Broner's did. I mean even if Broner gots 4 weight division titles he was never on the tip top of the sport like Floyd was. Think he was top 5 P4P once pre-Chino, but that was his high water mark & its been downhill since.

Comment

Working...
                      X