Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Danny Garcia slap egg on the faces of BoxingScene members once again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    His father is on record saying it's better to fight the Salka's instead of risking your 0 against the Thurman's & Porter's and that's EXACTLY WHAT DANNY IS DOING!! And y'all still making excuses for this guy?!?!?
    Yep. His Pops even said they beat a gatekeeper for the WBC title. You can't make this stuff up. As I said in another thread, you can't defend this fight. This fool will have fought 1 live body (Thurman) in his last 4 fights IF that fight even takes place. How is that ok for people?

Comment

how many tune up does a faggot as so called champion need.

"im the champion the very best but I need a tune up cause I aint ready" GTFOH

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Tune up????? Peterson, Paulie, Guerrero, Vargas. He's tuning down. His level of opposition has dropped each fight since Peterson!!! Did Porter need a tune up to fight Thurman after beating Broner? Is Thurman asking for a tune up after beating Porter before the fight? HE'S FIGHTING A GUY SPENCE FOUGHT WHEN HE WAS A PROSPECT!!!!!! The WBC isn't approving this fight and they approved that GGG&Brook circus act!!
        Literally the same as Andre Ward facing Alexander Brand before Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          Literally the same as Andre Ward facing Alexander Brand before Kovalev.
          Literally no it's not. Two better fighters turned down Ward. Skoglund & Sharbanskky. Nobody turned down Garcia. Fighters are licking their chops to get a shot at him. He picks the guy Spence demolished when Spence was still a prospect. Algieri or Diaz would've been better fights. Even Berto or Molina would've been a better fight. Garcia scraped the bottom of the barrel

Comment

I have backed Garcia for a while now but i don't agree with this next tune up, hopefully he gets the thurman fight done, he would beat Thurman anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
              Like after he did when he beat the forum boogyman Matthysse? Matthysse was gonna kill him and Danny was apparently terrified of him according to 99% of our resident geniuses on here if i remember correctly.

He's getting slaughtered for fighting Vargas next but what about him fighting Thurman after that? That's a massive fight and one that both guys should get major props for taking if it happens. If he beats Thurman will you gladly accept that dollop of egg right in the middle of your foreheads?

Even though he's cherry picked Salka and Vargas, Danny still has a better resume than most around at this moment in time.

I personally don't mind him fighting Vargas next as long as they've agreed to Thurman after that.
              C'mon, Danny hasn't even stepped into the ring with an undefeated fighter in his whole pro career. He has been protected since the Matthysse fight, which he has never fully recovered from.

Two weeks is a long time to pee blood, which would suggest reasonable damage to the kidneys and bruising to the bladder. Internal scar tissue will affect Danny as he gets older and may have this in mind when selecting opponents.

The hate he receives is self inflicted. Quotes of "I only want to fight the best" along side being "worried" about the likes of Salka and Vargas" just show how little respect he has for belts, fans and boxing's reputation on the whole.

I respect that he is a poster boy for Philly and PR, but as an ambassador for boxing the guy is a f*!king plank and simply taking the money.

A self imposed lay off, with no damage or recovery period does not warrant a champ to ask for 10 round tune ups.

Poster Boys Club

Comment

Originally posted by Aristocrat View Post
                I stopped doubting Danny after he beat Salka with ease

I'm still doubting Garcia. If he were to somehow make it past Vargas, he would definitely make a believer out of me.

Comment

It doesn't excuse Vargas because it's not like Garcia is recovering from any hard fights. This is his third disappointing fight in a row, and 2 of these 3 fights have been downright terrible. Considering the way he's completely lost whatever momentum he once had after the Matthysse win, he needs to fight Thurman just to regain a little credibility in the eyes of boxing fans.

That being said, he absolutely could beat Thurman, and should not be counted out. His style is one that matches well with Thurman's weaknesses (and vice versa, which is why the fight is so anticipated).

Comment

I don't think so.

The reason people are slating him is because they know he can be good and raise his game when it matters but he has shown almost no desire to fight top opposition for about 3 years now.

Comment

He very well might, but you can't defend his current level of opposition.

Comment

Working...
                      X