Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What split money does Brook deserves against Amir khan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably 50-50 to be honest. Maybe a few years ago i'd have said Khan deserves a bigger split of course but right now he's almost irrelevant. The last time he fought in the UK he didn't sell out the tickets. He also hasn't really fought anybody that good since being folded by Garcia. His star has faded and in the UK there are much more popular fighters now.

I think he needs to understand his current position and realise he's not the big seller he once was. It's alright saying Brook wouldn't make £3m or whatever without Khan, but Khan won't make even £3m without Brook either, never mind £10m. Brook is also the champion and has been drawing good crowds and ratings in the UK.

At a stretch i'd say 60-40 in favour of Khan just to get the fight done. Anything more than that in this current situation is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Lalaland View Post
      What kind of split should Kell Brook get in a Mega fight against Amir Khan ?

Vote & Decide .
      Anything from 70-30 to 60-40, which is what Hearn realises is the best option. Now, I'm not sure if that's just purse splits or a split of all the revenue. Either way, Khan obviously deserves the bigger split but I feel Khan is in it for the WBC belt, for which he'd get paid a lot more than versus Brook, in the US, main eventing against Garcia.

The Brook fight is out of the question for now.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        Anything from 70-30 to 60-40, which is what Hearn realises is the best option. Now, I'm not sure if that's just purse splits or a split of all the revenue. Either way, Khan obviously deserves the bigger split but I feel Khan is in it for the WBC belt, for which he'd get paid a lot more than versus Brook, in the US, main eventing against Garcia.

The Brook fight is out of the question for now.

Brook does NOT deserve 40% against Amir Khan, he is a no name in the Uk.

Comment

The issue was about who much Khan asked, not about how much Brook would deserve...
          Did Khan ask for some 90%? really?

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            The issue was about who much Khan asked, not about how much Brook would deserve...
            Did Khan ask for some 90%? really?

Khan offered Brook 80-20 which is pretty generous IMO.

Comment

Khan offered Brook 80-20 which is pretty generous IMO.
              In what world is that generous? The fight isn't worth anywhere close to that if not for Brook.

Comment

Originally I was going to pick 70/30 for Khan because he is the bigger name, but I changed my mind to 60/40 Khan because Brooks is the champion. I mean he did beat Porter, who is fighting for a title of his own against Thurman & he did beat Broner, who gave Maidana a good fight. Khan has the name He's fought the better world class fighters Garcia,Peterson,Alexander,Judah,Malinacci,Maidana & Algeri...

Comment

I've never been sold on Khan's drawing power & I've never really seen any numbers to suggest Khan is some huge money maker so I think 60/40 Khan is about as much as Hearn & Brook should give Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    I've never been sold on Khan's drawing power & I've never really seen any numbers to suggest Khan is some huge money maker so I think 60/40 Khan is about as much as Hearn & Brook should give Khan.
                    Hey Panda, we can agree to disagree, but we can also agree to agree...

Comment

Brook does NOT deserve 40% against Amir Khan, he is a no name in the Uk.
                      I think 40% is fair enough

Comment

Working...
                      X