No announcement yet.

Broner is prob killing himself for not accepting 40 mil from Jay-z

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broner is prob killing himself for not accepting 40 mil from Jay-z

He's done. I was telling my friends last night (they all picked broner to win) that we were made to think Broner is good. All Broner has is handspeed and a few combos. He has terrible defense, no backfoot game, not good power at this weight. He looked good when he was being brought up because he was always the much bigger fighter then his opponents at 130,135.

At 147 he barely beat Paulie in an even fight, stepped up to Maidana and got killed then looked terrible against carlos molina and emmanuel taylor.

I told my friends that most 140 and 147'ers will beat broner.

at 147

Floyd, pac, bradley, brook, khan, thurman, spence, porter all beat him easily

at 140
    crawford eats him, mattysse and postol knock him out, danny garcia would beat him (at 140 or 147), peterson beats him, once verdejo moves up he beats him as well.

Broner will be the new Berto. Thank god this hype train is over. His record will have 5 loses if he steps up 3 more times.

That wasn't a real offer

Comment

It was the smart move. He can make way more than that on his own.

Past few fights:

-Couple million dollars total.
      -Loses to Porter.
      ?????
      -Billion dollars.

Seems pretty simple to get to a billion.

Comment

After last night $40k would be generous...

Comment

Works out for them because they don't waste their money on a guy who doesn't seem to GAF
          We get to see him fight actual competition from time to time with Haymon, compared to being with Roc and having no WW comp

I wonder if Haymon is gonna put Broner on ice or just keep doing whatever

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
            Works out for them because they don't waste their money on a guy who doesn't seem to GAF
            We get to see him fight actual competition from time to time with Haymon, compared to being with Roc and having no WW comp

I wonder if Haymon is gonna put Broner on ice or just keep doing whatever
            Haymon will just pay him more money next time. The more Broner makes, the bigger Haymon's cut. He doesn't care if Broner wins or loses and will probably attract more viewers if he pairs him up to lose because people like to see him get beaten up.

Comment

It was a real offer indeed.

But he couldn't have accepted it, even if he wanted to. He's locked down with Haymon.

Comment

His stock has significantly dropped after this fight, even if the judges gave him the decision. The excessive grabbing, not to mention running, don't attract fans.

Thing was he actually believed he will be given the judges' decision again. Why, because he's Adrien Broner, the star. He doesn't need to do much to win. He can run, clinch, hold and let the opponent work his ass off. He knew he was losing, yet he's not prompted to do anything diferent in the later rounds. Next time he has to perform and work like an average opponent, not a star. Boxing wins when things like this happen.
                Last edited by al-Xander; 06-21-2015, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Jay Z & RocNation Sports would be glad they didn't waste their millions on Broner after the Porter fight.

Comment

I doubt it was $40 mil guaranteed.

Comment

Working...
                    X